Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the m&ms company is ripping us off!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metalgod502, Sep 30, 2003.

1. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    on the new m&ms bags it will say you can win a new ford taurus and you have to go to mms.com and type in the code to see if you are a winner...... BUT ...... me and my friends buy m&ms evry day and ALL OF THE CODES ARE THE SAME! coincidence? i think not!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You don't honestly think they would waste their resources to print out millions of unique codes do you?

they probably did them in batches, the box of M&Ms you and your friends have been buying from just happened to be from the same batch.

3. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    but we'v been buying them for about a month now. and they changed them since them

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, first off. quit buying m'n'ms all the time. They aren't good for you. Second, I agree with what Mr. Robot here said.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Um....yeah....

6. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    but m&ms are good and im a loser and i have no life and i dont really care how bad they are for me so i sit and post on this forum about m&ms

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ahaha

with so many things worthy of being pissed about... you chose m&ms

way to go, champ!

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    And besides... would you really want a Ford Taurus anyway? I had one for a while and it was the worst thing i've ever driven. Broke all the time... never again.

9. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    if i won id sell it and buy bass stuff

10. Sue and get alot of money...and buy M&M's with it...

11. Duh.... memorize the code and find the one that's different!

12. The amount of money you will spend on M&Ms in your childhood will be more than enough to buy a nice bass. Stop wasting your money on junk food and save it for a nice set of strings, or if you save enough...A NEW BASS!:eek:

13. Hey dont knock M&M's... they make rehearsal go much quicker with a trusty bag of M&M's on the amp rig.... :p

How come we never hear of people actually winning these competitions? Its all rigged.

:D:D

Merls

14. The Navigator

The Navigator

May 17, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    errr... I suspect only the winning MMs bag will have a different code.

Anyone notice how all these contests nowadays just wanna get your information?

15. M&Ms were created by evil Dentists who also happend to own all the apple orchards in the United States.

This was their plan:

1) They sell you M&Ms, then,
    2) You go to them when your teeth start to rot and fall out from all that chocolate, then,
    3) They act surprised when they tell you, "Mr.So & So, you have 16 cavities!" then,
    4) They laugh behind your back as they become drunk as lords, while attending parties near the County Courthouse, then,
    5) They deliberately do shoddy dental work, then,
    6) All your teeth eventually fall out, then,
    7) Since they own all the apple orchards, they can demand any price they like for apples, which,
    8) After being mashed into applesauce is the only thing you can eat.

Goodbye corn on the cobb. :bawl:

Now the corn farmers are out of business. :(

All because of some stupid, insidious little candies.

Good thing I discovered it, and called the cops.

:rolleyes:

Go away, ya bother me! :p

Mike :D

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

You forgot about the hard candy shells, and the part about the dentists riding away in their turbo charged boats and leer jets.

:p

17. dude, you're like, a genius :D

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

That's you're not your.

AP what? :p

19. Haha, you're a genius ;)

20. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota

We were hoping no one would figure this out.

(Yes, I'm a dentist, but not necessarily evil.)