1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Maladronia Institute

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MarchingPig, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
  2. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Comments or any response at all would have been great.

3. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Thanks for the support people.

4. I liked the music not really into the vocals. You guys sound a lot like Tool which is fine but the vocals kind of sound like someone aping Tool. It's kind of like when people try to sing like Eddie Vedder, you know. Nice tone and playing.

5. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    I don´t think he sounds like Maynard at all, and I´m a big tool-fan. If he does though, it´s strange, because the vocalist have never heard of tool... I have no idea how he has managed to miss that train.. :)

6. I listened again and he doesn't sound very Maynardish at the end of the song. I think it might be the way he phrases his lyrics that sounds very Maynardy. I liked the song I just thought it might have sounded a little too much like Tool and not enough like you guys.

7. not really my bag, but not bad at all. I got a bit of a 'living in the past' on steroids at the beginning. :bassist:

I don't know enough about the style to make any comparisons but the vocalist did remind a smidgeon of the guy from Hope Of the States.

I thought the bass was a bit forward at the start but then it all hooked up nicely.

Citing Motorpsycho, Red Sparowes and Mastodon - good stuff!

Nice work, thanks for sharing!

8. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Thank you.

Motorpsycho = greatness.

9. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    We've uploaded a new track. Pop in and have a listen.

10. Sounds good. I like your tone a lot.

11. lambro

lambro

Jun 1, 2004
    the singer cant intonnate...
    out of pitch on quite a few passages

musically the ideas are very noisy, not based much on harmony or melodic structure

12. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Thanks Gambino. I wasn´t quite satisfied with the tone myself, but I haven´t been in the studio very often. Gotta learn the ropes before I find what I want.

The singer don´t have the ability to sing everything perfect in one try, no. We didn´t have the time to go over everything at the end of the day, so there are some places the vocals aren´t perfect in pitch.

It´s a energetic, trashy song.. I don´t quite get what you´re getting at with this. Care to elaborate?