1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The married with children rage thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nukes_da_bass, Aug 22, 2012.

1. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Bass is a glorified hobby for me these days. My years of two to three gigs per week are likely long behind me which is ok, it was exhausting to maintain a full time job and close to full time
    Band!

These days I have two year old twins, and run my struggling cab company full time.
    Many days I start at 04:00 or 05:00 and drive an executive to the airport, come back and begin the task of handling the twins as they wake. While I'm feeding them and playing with them and changing diapers I continue dispatching my other cabs around town.
    Today I finally lost it- foreign software engineer was on the dispatch phone and didn't know
    1) English
    And
    2) had no idea of her location.
    3) kids were screaming.

I slammed two doors then Dragon Wife woke and started yelling at me.
    It was a glorious Rage Stroke and was long overdue!
    What stressful non bass stuff do you guys have to field every day?
    P.S. I drove til 21:00 last night and woke at 05:00 for an airport run this morning...

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I think it's unfortunate that you have the nickname "Dragon Wife" and though I think it's not appropriate to blow in front of the Family, i've done it too, so I don't judge.

But yeah, I field production / engineering / Q.A. & process control issues for 2 product lines, all up in the air and crashing around me at all times.

I have mini panic tantrums all day.

My kids don't get me at my best when I get home at the end of the day, let's be honest. But I try to leave work at work. I, at times, fail.

That said, I NEED to be actively playing or my brain would just completely unravel or turn to powdered toast. That, and my Family, are my anchor and keep me grounded and centered. I'm thankful I have an understanding and supportive Missus, and two kids that think I am a rock star. Who the F am I to correct them? :smug:

3. My fiance and I sometimes take turns leaving the house. It's too much, with me HATING my job, her being pregnant, kids, etc. Sometimes I've just got to go out before I lose it.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Cabs like bass/guitar cabinets?

-Mike

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I haven't had a rage since the ex wife left 6 years ago.

6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I thought we were gonna talk about the best TV show ever made , Dang.

OP... maybe consider a different line of work before someone does something they'll regret.

7. nearly every gig is an argument for me.. especially if it falls on a weekend in which I have my son from my first marriage. which on one hand I'm glad she cares about him that much. but when you start turning down gigs the well starts running dry.

8. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    I think it's unfortunate that she's Dragon wife. I respect those who are in a better situation than I am- I was simply venting is all.

9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Cabs like taxis lol

10. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    With the thread title, is your cab company called "Death Cab For Cutie?"

Bwhahahaha

11. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Well in my last job what I hated the most was waiting 4+ hours to get loaded/unloaded at the shipper/reciver. Now my biggest gripe is that I work for the state and they never have any idea what's going on.

12. Exactly my thoughts.
    Whatever the problem, he always had an answer.:)

13. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Kids make it all worth while! You should hear my son as we go by my office..."bass! Bass!". We go in, I do pull offs on the fingerboard of the big Kay M1, while he tries to pizz some notes with his right hand. The kid is gonna be a natural!

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    When I first saw the title, I thought it said "the married with children rape thread." :eek:

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Poor, poor Christina Applegate...

Anyways, who would want to rage again MWC? Ed O Neil at his best!

16. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Peg Bundy was no slouch either. Always wanted to know what Al's problem was when she tried to drag him upstairs...

17. Sure it happens. Jobs can be pretty demanding. In summer when colleagues have a holiday I sometimes take over a 'sector' with all it's employees and stuff going on. It gets so very hectic sometimes that I physically need to take a break from my desk just to get some of the tension out off my body. My two kids are the best and I love them dearly, but after a crazy day at work, I can have my borders a little too closed sometimes and sometimes get angry over a puny thing. I'm working on it though.

18. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I think even Ed would say "Modern Family" is his best role; for two reasons....

ForumRunner_20120822_192313.

:D

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Tragic as her condition was, and what she underwent, she's still ridiculously hot.

20. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    I c what u did ther