Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by andrewd, Feb 20, 2005.

1. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got this album from a Torrent last night. It also came with the "decoder," which is the title track that has been left off of the album due to length constraints.

Bass Player's most recent cover story has the bassist for the album. The bass playing is just great. The drums, during at least one part, remind me of King Crimson. It sounds very little like De-loused In The Comatorium.

any thoughts, from those of you who have have heard it?

2. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I've had it for about a month, its good stuff, its very diffrent from their first album.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im waiting for it to be released on march 4th or whatever. TMV is one of my favorite bands (im actually listening to Deloused rigght now). Their style is unmatched, i love bands like KC, Tool.... so this band is great.

4. Yeah. I've heard the leaked version is a bare-striped down version of Francis. I'm gonna try and buy it on the 1st of March, or whenever I get the money...

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    there are a few leak versions...mine is the high-quality version. NOTHING stripped-down about it. (yes i am still buying it on release date!)

there are moments on this disc that sound like king crimson, led zeppelin, yes, tool, and the mars volta of course.

6. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I love Deloused. Its one of my favorite cds. I can't wait til the new one comes out.

7. It was released here in Germany today. Of course I've got a copy. It's way out there even compared to Deloused. There's some absolutly amazing playing and I have to say that even though the bass is smoking there are some of the best guitar tones I've ever heard on this baby.

Also, Flea can play a mean trumpet still. I guess he kept it up all those years.