1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Mars Volta - Tremulent EP

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, May 16, 2002.

1. I just got this cd today. It features the guitarist and lead singer from the now-defunct rock band At the Drive-In and I must say I like it much more than ATDI. It's much more trippy and abstract and I really like it. Nice, weird, rock and roll. :)

2. C'mon, no one's heard of these guys?

3. i've heard that they're better than Sparta. :D
    thanks for the plug, i'll check it out.

4. I need to check out Sparta, I hear they're a lot more like ATDI than the Mars Volta is.

5. Ive downloaded music from both Sparta and Mars Volta and although it was alright I cant even compare it to ATDI. I really think ATDI was something special; a really tight well rounded and very energetic band that was bringing back the heart and soul of rock and roll. I dont hear the same sincerity, energy, or power in either of these two bands. Im still going to deffinetley keep up with em though.

6. I found out that a lot of the Mars Volta songs that are available on the downloading programs are not actual songs on their cd. I was surprised when I bought the cd because a lot of the mp3s were mislabeled and were other miscellaneous MV songs.

7. I like Mars Volta better than Sparta, maybe I just haven't listened to Sparta enough. Mars Volta has more interesting songs....but I think Sparta will go farther with the new indie/emo craze that's starting to light up the charts.