Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Mars Volta!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by savagelucy, Apr 12, 2003.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Hey,

I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in April :D and the opening bands are Queens of The Stone Age :D and The Mars Volta. I don't really now anything about the Mars Volta, and I'm wondering who the bassist is. I've heard romours of Eric Wilson, but this website says that Eva Gardner is the bassist. Does anyone know?

http://neohorizon.free.fr/index.php?Fond=2&Lg=us&Page=bio_us&Scroller=yes

I hope that link works.

2. I think Eva was in on the recording of their EP, but I think right now Eric Wilson is playing with them seeing as LBDA is on hiatus or whatever.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I saw Queens of The Stone Age a few days ago...they were AWESOME!. They can put on a realyl really good show. The really care a lot about the crowd. THey stoped in "No One Knows", there hit song, because someone was hrt in the crowd. A good bunch of guys.

4. the mars volta are awsome. they are by far the better of the 2 bands to come out of the ashes of ATDI. sparta is cool, but mars volta just rocked harder. i've heard rumors that flea may be working with them sometime in the near future which would be even cooler

5. the mars volta are awsome. they are by far the better of the 2 bands to come out of the ashes of ATDI. sparta is cool, but mars volta just rocked harder. i've heard rumors that flea may be working with them sometime in the near future which would be even cooler

6. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    I hope Eric Wilson plays with the Volta. Then I'll have even more to look forward to. I'm already going crazy waiting for this, 3 kick-a** bands in one night. I'm so excited. The onmlything I'm concerned about is the quality of Anothony Kiedis's voice.

7. I want so badly to see TMV, more than any other band right now but they arent playing near me. I head they opened for the Anniversary and totally blew them away. Please give me a review when you get back.

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I saw Mars Volta and RHCP in Norway on March 27th..They were AMAZING!!!! Eva Gardner didn't play, I don't know who the bass player was.. It was not Eric Wilson..
    Cedric used his microphone cord, wrapping his face, neck and arms and swinging the mic in circles while singing..And Omar was all over the place! Swinging his guitar around himself and stuff..
    And here is a picture of Cedric..
    [​IMG]

9. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Will do. I'm getting so stoked for this show.

10. defhed2012

defhed2012

Mar 24, 2001
    Where did anybody hear that wilson was playing bass for them? I know somebody posted that here once but i dont think it was credible. Eva played on the ep and live for a while and last time i saw them it was some guy that was definitely not eric wilson. Just wondering.

11. bump

flea recorded the new mars volta cd, de loused in the comatorium

12. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Saw them with RHCP and QOTSA a few weeks back... I thought they were terrible. It didn't even sound like music. Their guitar player was just making random noises. Their keys player was cool though, bass player grooved as did the drummer. But the guitarist and vocalist pissed me off. People were throwing stuff at them by the end of their set, and they leave the stage with the vocalist screaming into the mic "**** you, we rock muther ****ers!!!" Not my thing at all, but if you're into that then that's cool.

13. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    I saw them on May 4th and I have decided the best may to describe them. Jimi Hendrix having a seizure meets 80s Hair Metal Singer voice cracking like a 13 year old boy. Playing so loud to the point people were leaving the floor.
    I think they may have been stoned out of their mind. THEY SUCKED
    At least that Night

SAD NEWS
    A member died!!!!
    Mars Volta