1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the MB Fusion and "does it pack enough power?"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowpro, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    At the end of the day, most of us can agree that what matters the most with an amp isn't the quality of it's EQ or tone, but just how much power it can push out. The greatest of Aguilar won't mean much if it can't give some oomph.

My question is this: "What's reasonable"

Right now I'm about to move out of my home. I have a GK 1001 Rb 2x12 combo which I love. It's nice, I've gigged with it, jammed with it. But it's a big'n and I'm worried about having it in an apartment.

I thought about trading one of my basses for the Fusion and trying to find some decent cabs (probably middle of the line 4x10s) but I am just trying to find out if this really just isn't worth doing. It's feasible for me to keep the 1001RB but it's not reasonable, ya know.

So when I want to go out with friends to the bar to play, or to their house (I've not played a full out stage show or anything and don't plan on it, but I've played with classmates in coffee houses and in warehouses even) would this little 500W with a 4x10 cover all my basses or am I better off using my 1001rb as a multifunction amp/table (since space is also limited)

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021