Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the MEATBALL has landed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by prismacolor2, Feb 1, 2004.

1. prismacolor2

prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    Boston
    got my Lovetone Meatball in the mail today. futzed with it for about 15 minutes before heading out for my gig and will put it through its paces over the next week or so and report back.

i was wondering if anyone else here has one and what their thoughts are on this pedal. It has more parameters than any other pedal I've owned (or seen) and they all seem very interactive with one another. Seems like the greasy funk is in there but I bet this one will take a lot of work to get it out.

I know it's a pretty rare bird and not too many peeps have them. If anyone does : any tips? suggestions? thoughts? anyone want to share settings? Let me know.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Any chance of soundclips?

Perhaps everyone should get together and have a mega thread of soundclips from all differant effects pedals, i know it would help me loads......

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I had one for a while, the plethora of knobs was it's strengh and also that which made me get rid of it. As you say, they seem to interact and I couldn't stand the thought of fiddling with them all live. I also realised that there's only really a couple of filter sounds I want. The Meatball is great, but for me it worked better for home / studio recording than live.

So I sold it, and was able to get an old Mutron, a Mini Qtron and a DOD FX25 and still have money left over!

Did you get the manual with it? I scanned the one from mine in case you don't have it.

4. prismacolor2

prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    Boston
    i did get the manual. thanks for the offer though david.

won't get to really play with it for a day or two though. ugh! i don't think even 10 soundclips could accurately represent this pedal from the 15 minutes i spent with it. even so, i don't have the means to record it anyway.

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've got an old one ('98 I think). It is definitely not just an envelope filter. It makes some wild dub sounds and other random squawks - if you want it to. It IS the hardest pedal to work with ever produced. I've gotten a couple really amazing sounds and I'm almost afraid to mess with it. You'll have to write down the settings you like or you'll never find them again! Also - it gets wild when combined with fuzz or overdrive in the effects loop. Vlad makes the best toys - enjoy...

6. Try putting an octave-down pedal (i.e. EBS OctaBass) in the effect loop. :eek: :D

~ Charlie

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i hate you all.

if anyone is selling ill have it :)