The Meatball is back!...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slater, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I just noticed on website that the Lovetone Meatball is back (along with the Cheese Source).

I won't be getting one @ $574.95 but for those who have to have one...

...They're here!

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, they're limited stock tho. They've been around in the UK for a year or so.
  3. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    The Meatball is very nice. I had one of the original ones back in.... '97 perhaps? It was overkill for my simple needs though. Very well built pedal, good sound.
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Ahaha. For that price it better give me oral sex also. Some ppl just think their effects are all that. But it's a free world and I don't have to buy one.
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Now thats just plain rediculous...i'm sorry.

How much were they originally like $300?
  6. the fact that people will pay even that much is slightly rediculous. i could justify a bass for that much, or an amp, but effect pedal? yikes...
  7. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    I just picked up a used meatball on ebay. I'm not paying that much for it compared to a new pedal, but you get what you pay for with effects. You get what your pay for with respect to just about everything.

If you don't want to pay that much then don't even consider it. I would never consider getting a 6+ string bass. I would also never pipe up about the price of one of these basses or the fact that it has more strings than I would ever need. Someone could ffel the same way about valve amps, or the same way about SS amps.

I guess thats what is pretty neat about bass and well life in general. Every person sets priorities differently for different things. At least for me I felt that I could justify having what many consider to be the best envelope filter on the market. If you don't see that for yourself then so be it. There are many things in the bass world that I would never ever consider buying. However, I would never consider scoffing at the price, the product, or the person that purchases one.

Back to the hole :bag:
  8. benevan

May 2, 2002
    I agree with seaKamp. The Meatball is arguably the best envelope filter pedal out there, certanly the best in my opinion. I had an original Meatball that I got rid of several years ago and have regretted that decision ever since. Now that they are back for a limited time, I won't miss my chance to pick one up before they are discontinued again.

Agreed, the price is steep, but stuff coming out the UK typically isn't cheap. Overhead prices are higher, labor is higher and for low volume boutique effects builders, this builds up the cost in a hurry. Plus, it's obvious that Lovetone is not a full time effects manufacturer, so they can set whatever price they want, so long as they sell. And I doubt they will have trouble selling.

The currency rate exchange doesn't help the price too much either.
  9. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Anyone know if the Lovetone MB ever shipped to the States with a power supply? Both of mine that I bought back in the late '90s did not even have that as an option. I've always used a battery. What about you folks?