1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Mediocre Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Hannah Gill and Casey Abrams, Crazy:

2. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Matching stage outfits always strikes me as kind of dorky. But that's from someone who would have been shocked, shocked, I say, to see Jerry and the boys appear as anything but meticulously careless slobs. And Donna Jean, as the exception that proves the rule.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  3. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Bolton?.....Nobody goes to Bolton.....Willingly.....:D

4. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Bagel Street? Don’t ask me where Bagel Street is … [starts crying] A terrible thing happened to me on Bagel Street [openly sobbing]. I was walking along, minding my own business, and a safe fell off a 15 story building on my head and killed me!!

LKTraz, chupacerveza, MirandM and 6 others like this.
  5. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    I had a sudden desire to play this one. I'm sure I've posted it before. I tried to get started on it on the twelve-string and thought, "this song is gonna chew your fingers to shreds". So, I'm tuning up the sixer. Steve Gillette and Cindy Mangsen, The River:

pdf:
    Dropbox - River, The.pdf - Simplify your life

6. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Astrud Gilberto, João Gilberto, and Stan Getz, The Girl from Ipanema:

7. Fat Freddy

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    I thought something had....:D

8. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    'g night, fun devils

20210116_155641 1.jpg

LKTraz, Winslow, Fat Freddy and 7 others like this.
  9. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I'm starting to wonder if I fell asleep on the train and missed my stop.
    Is this 1111 now?

LKTraz, Winslow, Morrighan and 4 others like this.
  10. markwrob

markwrob Gold Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Boulder, Colorado
    Hey now, c'mon. We all are mediocre here, and that includes straying around the One True 1109 Path. But not to worry, we will meander over to the 1107 side sooner or later.;)

LKTraz, RodRy, Winslow and 5 others like this.
  11. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Good morning everyone. Coffee is on. coffee.gif

Crap, crap, crap! I have an pre-op appointment this morning, which means I have to get out of the house in about half an hour... but it's pissing down rain. Which means I have to leave even earlier and walk to catch a bus to the Bahnhof instead of using the Bike Share. And I don't have rain gear. This sucks big hairy donkey nuggets.

EDIT: I blew it off. I'm not going. I contacted by phone, and have to call this afternoon to reschedule. This will probably impact my surgery date.

Poopysocks!

Stay fresh, cheese bags!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Sore Thumb, LKTraz, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  12. MirandM

MirandM Married to my bass. Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Spain
    Now who's the lazy bum here? :whistle:

13. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Moi. C'est moi.

Yeah, yeah. One would think what's a little water? Well. it's waiting outside for a train in 5° windy weather. It's sitting in wet jeans for hours. Being cold and wet exacerbates my everyday pain significantly.

Normally, I'd take a taxi to the Bahnhof instead, no huhu. But between the traditional slow period this time of year in my work, and being on social services, the additional funds just aren't there now. I have funds for the taxi once I get to Frankfurt, but not enough to cover the additional taxi from here to the Bahnhof.

Which are all excuses. Good ones, I believe, but excuses nonetheless. I could have grabbed an umbrella and taken the 820 bus to the Bahnhof, sat for 1/2 hour waiting for the train, and gone on with my day. But I chose not to.

14. MirandM

MirandM Married to my bass. Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Spain
    Don't remind me, I know all too well what you're saying. When I was young every day I needed to go to the academy where I studied, 15 kms from my house on bicycle. Western hard wind, lovely thick rain pouring down, yes I had rain clothes, didn't matter I got wet from my feet and hands upwards and the rest of the body from sweating because those clothes had zero ventilation. Oh and this was in the month of june, the WHOLE month when you normally put on a T-shirt and go out for fun.
    Yes, it was one of the main reasons why I went to Spain where I have sunny days from half april to half october. Rain in june, no way jose. :smug:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Sore Thumb, LKTraz, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  15. I hear the, uh, rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.

Sore Thumb, LKTraz, RodRy and 7 others like this.
  16. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Happy good morning

20201214_051249.jpg
    The ants in France stay mainly on the plants.

Sore Thumb, LKTraz, RodRy and 6 others like this.
  17. Charlie Tango

Charlie Tango Disciple of Duck Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Northern VA
    Not "in your pants?" I've been saying it wrong?

LKTraz, RodRy, Winslow and 4 others like this.
  18. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm sure the fact that this statute is part of the bankruptcy code is just happenstance.

U.S. Code § 1109. Right to be heard:

11 U.S. Code § 1109 - Right to be heard

(a) The Securities and Exchange Commission may raise and may appear and be heard on any issue in a case under this chapter, but the Securities and Exchange Commission may not appeal from any judgment, order, or decree entered in the case.
    (b) A party in interest, including the debtor, the trustee, a creditors’ committee, an equity security holders’ committee, a creditor, an equity security holder, or any indenture trustee, may raise and may appear and be heard on any issue in a case under this chapter.​

OtherLisa, LKTraz, RodRy and 3 others like this.
  19. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Phnom Penh yoga fans return to mat after lockdown - with a beer:

Phnom Penh yoga fans return to mat after lockdown - with a beer

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - For some, a post-lockdown group activity that combines exercise with alcohol may seem like the ideal coronavirus stress-buster - though yoga purists should probably avoid Phnom Penh’s TwoBirds Craft Beer brewery while it’s taking place.
    “I have more fun with beer yoga. It’s not as serious as traditional yoga,” said Sreyline Bacha, 25, as she reached for a beer glass, wobbling just a little to maintain her balance in a pose.

upload_2021-1-22_6-1-2.png

OtherLisa, LKTraz, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  20. Fat Freddy

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Too much exercise going on for my liking.....:jawdrop:

Sore Thumb, LKTraz, RodRy and 6 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021