1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Mediocre Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    The Lorax!
    :laugh:

2. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I'm having Aberfeldy 12 year old tonight.
    :wacky:

Sore Thumb, Winslow, LKTraz and 4 others like this.
  3. No good whiskey in the house beyond the obligatory 'phroaig and some GrandDad bonded. That's in the cabinet. A little Napa red and some beef and green stuff on the plank. It's pretty dang good.

Winslow, LKTraz, MirandM and 4 others like this.
  4. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    Thats what I said.

5. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Yes, you beat me to it. And your follow-on joke about the "weeds and bushes" cracked me up!
    :laugh:

Winslow, Morrighan, LKTraz and 3 others like this.
  6. @RodRy thanks for the referral. This club is friendly. It's got a sense of humor. How hilariously refreshing. How do I join? Is there an initiation rite? Hello everyone. Carry on :)

7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Sure we'll fit you in somehow.....:thumbsup:

Wait for the train.....:D

RodRy, Morrighan, LKTraz and 4 others like this.
  8. Charlie Tango

Charlie Tango Disciple of Duck Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Northern VA
    The initiation rite is discovered with every post one makes.

RodRy, Winslow, Fat Freddy and 5 others like this.
  9. Is it a Crazy Train? I can help!

Sore Thumb, OtherLisa, RodRy and 7 others like this.
  10. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Good morning everyone. Coffee is on. coffee.gif

Another cold, wet morn at the ol' Imperial Palace. The kittys bolted down their food, and ran outside for patrol nonetheless. They'll be back shortly, it's nastyish out there.

Welcome aboard! There's cheetos and grape soda in the lounge car. Help yourself. Your number, should you decide to accept it, will be 1109. We're all 1109 here. Beware the Hoff.
    1109.jpg

@RodRy, as part of our referral program, you may now grab a goat of your choice!
    goat tree.jpg

Stay fresh, cheese bags!

11. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Happy good morning

20210122_070741 1.jpg

Sore Thumb, markwrob, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  12. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    :D

13. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    PsyDocHill, markwrob, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  14. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    upload_2021-1-23_5-16-13.png

Sore Thumb, markwrob, RodRy and 3 others like this.
  15. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    I saw that story, and thought of...

Hachikō, a golden brown Akita, was born on November 10, 1923 at a farm located in Ōdate, Akita Prefecture, Japan. In 1924, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the Tokyo Imperial University, took Hachikō as a pet and brought him to live in Shibuya, Tokyo. Ueno would commute daily to work, and Hachikō would leave the house to greet him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued the daily routine until May 21, 1925, when Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, while he was giving a lecture to his class, and died without ever returning to the train station in which Hachikō waited.

Each day, for the next nine years, nine months and fifteen days, Hachikō awaited Ueno's return, appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.

Hachikō - Wikipedia

Among other tributes, there's a memorial statue to him in Shibuya:

hachiko_apr8.jpg

16. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Ok. Now I’m weeping

Sore Thumb, markwrob, RodRy and 6 others like this.
  17. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    markwrob and Volker Kirstein like this.
  18. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    A certain pudelhound who goes by Odin brought his favourite toy to me the night I returned from orthopedic surgery. I've heard it said poodles are very choosy about who they bond with, but when they do it's very deep. I concur. And this from one who thought there could be no other than a Siamese (who I still hold in great regard).

Sore Thumb, Winslow, markwrob and 5 others like this.
  19. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Greetings fellow thumpers! I've been reading a series of three economic forecast letters. Here's an excerpt I think we will all find useful and/or informative at least. For anyone hoping to be able to play out at any kind of event, the ability to do so is tied to the overall economy which is, in turn, tied to the success of vaccinations. Sad but true. So here goes:

... from a global level, growth prospects depend heavily on vaccine success. The
    World Bank’s annual forecast was very plain about this. It has four scenarios:

• Upside Scenario: Vaccine campaigns proceed swiftly with wide public cooperation,
    allowing governments to roll back their precautionary measures. Economic uncertainty dissipates and 2021 sees 5% global GDP growth, but a return to prior trend in 2022 with only 1.7% global growth.

• Baseline Scenario: Caseloads fall in major economies as inoculations proceed, with social distancing measures gradually reduced. Economic activity recovers as household consumption returns. In that case, the World Bank expects 4.0% global growth in 2021 and 3.8% in 2022.

• Downside Scenario: Cases remain high as supply bottlenecks and logistical problems slow vaccine deployment. Activity remains depressed as households continue to fear contact-intensive services. Here, it expects global growth of only 1.6% in 2021 and 2.5% in 2022.

• Severe Downside Scenario: As in the downside scenario, the pandemic is difficult to manage and vaccine distribution is slow. The prolonged economic slowdown erodes corporate balance sheets and triggers widespread defaults and concerns for bank balance sheets. It gets worse from there, too. This would give the world economy another year of recession, with global growth somewhere below zero (they are oddly non-specific on this point) in 2021 and bouncing to just 2% in 2022.​

I think the original letters are good reading. Don't worry if you don't understand the economic jargon; the commentary on the plague is enough for anyone to grasp. We're all in this together and, like it or not, how we mask up and socially distance will make a worldwide difference.

1) Year of the Gripping Hand:
    Year of the Gripping Hand - Mauldin Economics

2) The Grip Tightens:
    The Grip Tightens - Mauldin Economics

3) Forecast 2021: The Stock Market:
    Forecast 2021: The Stock Market - Mauldin Economics

20. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

In happier news...

Sore Thumb, Winslow, markwrob and 5 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021