1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

The Mediocre Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    Oh, one does not seek out the Hoff... paranoid.gif

...the Hoff finds you. :nailbiting:

VK-Pants-Hoff (anim).gif

2. versalog

versalog

Nov 10, 2007
    Vermont, U.S.A.
    I see that hunk. You know, my Windows computer workgroup (my and Mrs. versalog’s laptops) at home is HASSELHOFF. It’s a good workgroup.

3. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    Oh, man... we may have met our undoing with this one. :bag:

4. Charlie Tango

Charlie Tango Disciple of Duck Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Northern VA
    As the WaPo story link contains a word that TB would object to, here is an inoffensive link: https://wapo.st/2Oi35ys .

OtherLisa, RodRy, LKTraz and 4 others like this.
  5. Charlie Tango

Charlie Tango Disciple of Duck Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Northern VA
    Fear not, for The Hoff will exact his pound of flesh. Or pound his flesh. Or flesh out the, uh, y'know.

6. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    Sounds like you know... :wideyed:

ponyhoff (anim).gif

:roflmao:

OtherLisa, LKTraz, DrMole and 6 others like this.
  7. BargeOn

BargeOn Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    CNY
    Corn fed beef cake.

OtherLisa, LKTraz, Winslow and 3 others like this.
  8. It can happen, when the personalities and voices align just right. Talk about having problems with oneself.

OtherLisa, LKTraz, Winslow and 4 others like this.
  10. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    OtherLisa, LKTraz, DrMole and 5 others like this.
  11. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Good morning everyone. Coffee is on. coffee.gif

Don't you have one of him popping out of @MirandM's window? Invading train cars? Showing up at a restaurant? How come you always gotta use the one where he's popping out of my crotch? *shakes head* I mean, I know my nethers are a wonderland, but Mr. Happy is not The Hoff.

Stay fresh, cheese bags!

OtherLisa, RodRy, LKTraz and 6 others like this.
  12. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Happy good morning

20210302_061334.jpg

13. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry VK! I actually cleared out the Hoff folder when tidying up the laptop (heh) some while back, and that was just the first thing that... well... popped up when I searched my old posts. :whistle: I guess you could say it was just close at hand? :laugh:

But I would never intend to impugn the dignity and grandeur of My. Happy with any real seriousness. :bag:

Hoff-weeping hug.jpg

OtherLisa, RodRy, LKTraz and 5 others like this.
  14. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere

Western saddles have horns is all I have to say on that subject.

OtherLisa, PsyDocHill, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  15. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    If you say so. Generally speaking, I try to refrain from interfering with anyone's choice of saddle and/or horn. :whistle:

OtherLisa, PsyDocHill, RodRy and 5 others like this.
  16. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Stübben and Passier make the finest saddles I know of. Closer to home (or not) is the 2.25 inch Nubuck leather strap I bought to tame the puddytat bass. The tracker told me the parcel was out for delivery on Saturday morning. With Saturday come and gone, the tracker informed me the strap went to a distribution center in an adjoining state. As of this morning, it's in the right state and, even close. Close-ish. Maybe today, maybe Wednesday.

Pretty sure the puddytat bass gets Balanced Nickels first. It's in the queue for setup, at last word. It ships FedEx, unlike the strap that shipped USPS.

According to all available sources, I will be well-served not to expect 7ender tones from the cat bass. First I've ever owned single coils ... and I'm really looking forward to playing with all the tone options. The mid-notch is definitely not a slapper's mid-scoop. It's something else entirely, and I can't wait to hear it for myself :drool:

OtherLisa, PsyDocHill, RodRy and 7 others like this.
  17. Jon Clegg

Jon Clegg Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Sure....:cautious:

OtherLisa, RodRy, LKTraz and 6 others like this.
  18. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    upload_2021-3-2_6-30-7.png

upload_2021-3-2_6-30-50.png

8wutnfafcsk01.jpg

19. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    Oh? o_O

Well, perhaps I should look further through some old posts for worthwhile material. Who knows? We might even be treated to the sight of a tender caress offered to a Hoff-ian projectile by a young engineer... :whistle:

Or might this suffice instead?

ok-be cool-don't do anything crazy.png

;)

20. bass theory

bass theory

Oct 7, 2020
    Portage WI
    The only headstock that I hated was one I built. It was a 5 string Pyramid shape. The problem was that I didn't leave enough room for a tuner to clamp on. so I had to always tune by ear. sometimes the ambient noise is not conducive.
    Otherwise a headstock is a headstock.
    Every once in a while I see one that stands out. But I never try to copy them, That would detract from the uniqueness of the instrument. It would be disrespectful.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021