1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Mediocre Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    You know the rules and understand women? Oh please, please, please tell me the secrets. We'll make an app for it and make billions $$$$$$$$. :cigar:;)

2. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't understand me. My dog does.
    I'm friggin clueless

LKTraz, Bass Dao, RandM and 2 others like this.
  3. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    :rolleyes:

LKTraz and Old Blastard like this.
  4. Pushrod

Pushrod Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Peoria Il, USA
    I've been on this forum for a few years now, and have not joined any clubs. Just ran into this one by happenstance a couple days ago, and it seems to be the one for me. I've been extremely mediocre at bass for probably 40 years or so. If I have my way, I'll be a mediocre bassist until the day I die. Can I get a number?

LKTraz, Morrighan, Fat Freddy and 4 others like this.
  5. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

@OtherLisa There are moron drummers, and then there’s Hal Blaine. Mr. Blaine consistently underplayed on countless hit records. He drove a Bentley around L.A. from session to session.

I have no time, or spare hearing, for loud, flashy, self-absorbed drummers. Serve the song, or go play by yourself in your basement.

I’ll take a Hal Blaine any day.

RodRy, LKTraz, Bass Dao and 5 others like this.

6. You tell 'im RodRy ................ or we could ask Freddies chief Inspector : )

R&B, LKTraz, Morrighan and 2 others like this.
  7. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Supporting Member

Welcome to the club! We're all #1109.

R&B, LKTraz, Bass Dao and 4 others like this.
  8. Hey, we're like Man people except with different bits! And perhaps at times different priorities. :D

RodRy, R&B, LKTraz and 8 others like this.
  9. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    you are #1109! And Welcome! :)

R&B, LKTraz, RandM and 3 others like this.
  10. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Supporting Member

Disagree. We're dogs. Loving, faithful, and trainable... but we also pee everywhere, chew your best shoes, bark at the slightest provocation, and hump anything that smells pretty. Keep your rolled up newspaper handy.

R&B, LKTraz, Bass Dao and 3 others like this.
  11. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm a sloth. But I'm evolving. Very slowly.

RodRy, dragon68, R&B and 6 others like this.
  12. Actual Morrighan sightings are reported but unverified. Lots of Eleven O-Nine things to ponder doing today. Have a free calypso, on me. Love playing that calypso stuff hey.

RodRy, RandM and G Aichele like this.
  13. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    My drummer happened upon this thread (probably googling our band's name). Thankfully I have nothing but good things to say about my band mates! My bass player thought it was hilarious.

14. Could too.
    Unfortunately what I now understand is that I don't know the rules.

LKTraz, Fat Freddy and G Aichele like this.
  15. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

The rules:
    1. The woman is always right.
    2. She can remember things that haven’t even happened yet.
    3. If ever in doubt, see rule #1.
    4. If you are thinking of doing something, see rule #2.

RandM, dragon68, LKTraz and 2 others like this.
  16. Yeah, I'll probably delete/edit my sad story -- though thankfully no band names or names have been mentioned.

Morrighan and RandM like this.
  17. LKTraz

LKTraz

Dec 11, 2016
    Hegins, PA
    Maybe a small edit or two but please leave it for prosperity as there are a few teachable moments in it.

I'm on the same page as the majority here. DUMP HIS IMMATURE A$$!!!!!! Life is too short and music is too precious to waste time on douche canoe garbage like he is pulling.

18. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    While I’m with those who say fire this fellow, I think it needs to be done in a manner so he understands clearly that it’s his behavior that is the issue, that he is responsible and no one else. There is power in that; feel the power. An angry dismissal will achieve no learning, and it may reinforce existing prejudices.

LKTraz, RodRy, Morrighan and 5 others like this.
  19. I'm hoping we can work it out. There's a weird kind of...almost innocence to it, which is why I have had more the slow burn response than insta-rage. Basically he needs to decide if he wants to keep playing with us, and if he does, he needs to make some changes. I think he's capable of it but the proof is in the performance.

LKTraz, Morrighan and Stevorebob like this.
  20. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    It sounds like it's worth a chat. My first question would be "why would you want to damage the quality of a song in front of a crowd just to deliberately piss me off?"
    The answer to that would determine whether I told him to never do it again or told him he's out immediately.

Sore Thumb, LKTraz, Bass Dao and 3 others like this.