Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Meters make me strut, and that may or may not be no jive.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So, I had two CDs on my Mp3 player and I went for a walk tonight. Dead Milkmen's Beelzububba and The Meters Very Best Hits. I skimmed through the Dead Milkmen, I just put it on there for the memories (I use to play this album to death) but the Meters were fairly new to me.

I was walking around with my normal square hurried walk that's almost quite ape like... but like an angry zombie ape. Anyways, the first track on the Meters (Cissy Strut) drops... and I notice my walk automatically changes into a strut/pimp walk of sorts. Not over the top in a cartoony fashion, but I did notice I was walking... cooler.

Weird.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Till's one bad mother...
    Shut yo mouth.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That thread title isn't clever...

:smug:

4. froggsoldier

froggsoldier

Apr 29, 2005
    GA
    I used to live in nomansland, and lets just say I had nothing more to do than walk, and well I only could walk at about 2am, so me fearing the dark and dogs would listen to music on the walk, I love all music so I know for sure this changes the way I walk, I would listen to rock, and well walk in a "leave me alone you don't wanna know me" walk, however if i was listening to r&b or rap I would strut it "thug style" (i know little white girl walking like a thug in redneck territory, again I was walking at 2am), and last but not least, if I was listening to techno, ok not any just one kind, but I would walk like i dunno i would say maybe "i just smoked crack"?? (dont know never smoked any) but I would be litteraly dancing in the road, but hey, it kept the animals away, that or the singing that accompanied me did, lol, not gonna lie i stink at singing, but do so proudly, and loudly, lol

Long boring story short, yes it changes the way I walk!

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Better to have a straightforward title that brings a lot of on topic responses than a clever title that sends folks in all sorts of tangents.

Besides, if you want clever titles for your threads, you have to come up with them yourself, so this really is your fault. :smug:

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hmmm... point taken.

Too late to change the thread title to "The Meters make me strut, and that may or may not be no jive" I suppose...

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I'll change it, if you don't mind "Cissy" strut references...

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't mind any references... except for the ones about me putting on weight. I'm very sensitive about that...

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I often impose a 6 feel over music in 4 while I'm walking.

10. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Stuart, I like you. You're not like the other people here...in the trailer park.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Why would a burrow owl be up in a tree?

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Can't wait for the thread title when Till discovers the Bee Gee's "Staying Alive".

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I know what you mean. When I listen to Tiny Tim I find myself tip-toeing.

brad cook

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Through tulips no less.