Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Monroes

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by bass_is_for_me, Mar 6, 2003.

1. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    Hey Mr. Watt

Well my uncle is the lead singer of the monroes a band based out of Omaha. I heard you were coming to play omaha at Socal Hall. Is that true and if so when? Will the Monroes play to?

Keep Jammin :bassist:
    Nolan

2. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    Your uncle is Gary Dean Davis? What a small world this web-board is...

3. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    That he is. How do you know him?

4. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    I've known him since the Frontier Trust days. I used to play in a band called The Northerns, and our bands used to play together often. I also used to play drums in a band (Product 19) with Monroes guitarist Lincoln. Gary Dean is one of my favorites. Next time you talk to him tell him Joe Schaefer says hello. I need to get back to Omaha and see everyone soon.

Good to know there's a bassist floating around in the Davis clan.

5. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

nolan,

I am indeed playing there on may 23 but don't know the other bands on the bill. I'm curious to check out what's happening in omaha these days. tell your uncle hi from me.

my next tour starts april first (d. boon's birthday) and you can see info for it here:

http://hootpage.com/hoot_thecordthattour2003.html

on bass, watt