1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Moog Club - Time to get your synth on!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, May 28, 2014.

1. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Thanks for the compliment. There is a learning curve, but once you start to gain a rudimentary understanding of how the oscillators, filters and sequencers work both on their own and combined it gets easier. I watched some videos to help me get a better understanding of all that, and of course the manuals are a good source of information and I keep them close by. The patch bays are another story entirely and it will take some time to get a better understanding of those.

Of course, part of the fun is just sitting there and tweaking knobs and buttons until you get a feel for things or find a sound you like.

Honestly sitting there and creating interesting sounds and textures is quite rewarding and I am finding it more rewarding than playing bass I think, for the mere fact that you don't have to deal with other musicians.

cosmicevan likes this.
  2. Here is my Moog collection.
    Modular just sold, but I keep Mother 32 as some extension for Grandmother.
    Sub25 mostly used for bass, or some aggressive leads, and Grandmother for some fun stuff. Not totally bass related, but still.

As for sounds, here some tunes. Mostly used for melodic stuff, but still that thick analog goodness :)

Low8, cosmicevan and Iommian like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021