1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Moog Club - Time to get your synth on!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, May 28, 2014.

1. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    Does a minimoog count? I've got two from 70's in mint original and perfect operating condition.

Dogfish, Leo Smith, Mosfed and 2 others like this.
  2. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    my gas senses are peaking :woot:

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Dude if that doesn't count, I have no idea what does. That may be virtual but it is seriously BAD ASS!!!!

Out of curiosity how much does that program run? And what do you do run a digital out of your computer? Seriously amazing. I would love to mess around with one (for about 100 years....)

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    adi77 and bluesdogblues like this.
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mosfed #1
    M Sterling #2
    Bassmusic17 #3
    RedMoses #4
    adi77 #5
    karstetterpj #6
    Nno Mar #7
    RickenBoogie #8
    Sprag #9
    MPU #10
    Carver #11
    Carsbybigd #12
    Bassofthe #13
    JustSomeDude #14 Welcome!
    bluesdogblues #15 Welcome!
    LuckyDog #16 Welcome!

And yes of course MiniMoogs count. They are amazing synths and the key to the whole sound. Plus they can do more than all the stomp boxes put together.

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    is that a byoc devided octave to the right ( when seen, standing in front of it)of the minifooger? and what is the pedal that follofs, in teh same direction?
    Thanks! :)

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Hey there

Yup that's the BYOC divided octave that I made a custom graphic for. Next to it on the bottom row is an Analogman mini-Bicomp which is essentially a Ross compressor on one side and a Dan Armstrong orange Squeezer on the other. I tend to use the orange Squeezer side. Sounds amazing through an SVT.

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I W.A.N.T !!!

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Excellent, Thanks for the info!
    I REALLY am starting to want such a BYOC thingy now too...is it as good as some keep saying?

9. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi mosfed, here's another, also uploading a photo of the pedals used (hope its clear enough to read the settings), the attack on the bass itsef changes the response of the lpf:

Attached Files:

SiliconElle and Mosfed like this.
  10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Sick. Thanks dude. I am playing outdoors gigs today and tomorrow (already played today and had an absolute blast) with just a drummer and percussionist and there is ample room to experiment. I did some stuff with the LP today in trying to cop that synth sound of yours that was completely new for me. And it felt amazing. Thanks so much.

I stuck a delay in there as well. Wow.

adi77 likes this.
  11. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    This thread was maybe a bad idea for my GAS.....

;)

12. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Actually played my Les Paul for a while through my bass rig and oh my lord did it sound amazing. One of the best tones I think I have gotten out of that guitar. Just endless sustain with the orange Squeezer.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    adi77 likes this.
  13. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    What happened to that link. That was awesome. I want to post it in the Mutron club.

14. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Admit it...you're just bragging! :D

But seriously - have you ever hooked them together to approximate that "Flash Light" bass tone? I've read that Bernie Worrell hooked up three Minimoogs to get that beast of a sound.

15. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    here's 2 more (one dubby the other.... less traditional/nasty).. really really rough (Sh#@ playing) but give an idea of the moog's sound.. (one's with a looper the other is just the moog and ego comp at v mild compression) (i'll stop after these.. getting carried away)
    Also they are very loud (not clipping.. i think) so start at a softer volume:

Attached Files:

lesclaypoolsob and Mosfed like this.
  16. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    once again - super awesome Adi. Many many thanks for these.

We played a good 4 hours this afternoon outdoors staring at the Mont Blanc valley in the sun. Two days in a row of seriously inspirational settings. Had serious fun with the Moog but it kinda took back seat to the Mu-Tron today for whatever reason. I still can't get over how good guitar sounds through the SVT->Barefaced. Absolutely fricking outrageous. Bass I had come to expect but guitar I had no freaking idea.

adi77 likes this.
  17. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi, thanks bro.. those mutrons.. i was checking them out on ebay.. wow man they are very expensive... have you tried any clones which do justice?

18. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Dec 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Count me in I've got a moog clusterflux, lusted for it for two years before I got it. Hella fun!

adi77 likes this.
  19. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I would buy Mike Beigel's new product - the Tru-Tron 3x. Finally he has released his own clone that is a perfect copy of the original circuit. I haven't heard one personally but from videos and reports from people who own both they sound identical. And it's easier to power, true bypass, etc etc.

Other than that Keeley came out with a filter recently called the Neutrino that from videos sounds pretty damn close. I haven't heard anyone else's clone but just bought (waiting for it) a clone from johnk which he did as a one off as I am dying for a one pedal sized version. Even the Moog is just too big sometimes.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021