1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Moog Club - Time to get your synth on!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, May 28, 2014.

1. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    thanks mosfed. yeah the moog is a big pedal and takes too much space on the pedalboard. i can probably chk for the keeley out here.

2. I had a moog taurus bass pedals - lot of fun.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mosfed #1
    M Sterling #2
    Bassmusic17 #3
    RedMoses #4
    adi77 #5
    karstetterpj #6
    Nno Mar #7
    RickenBoogie #8
    Sprag #9
    MPU #10
    Carver #11
    Carsbybigd #12
    Bassofthe #13
    JustSomeDude #14
    bluesdogblues #15
    LuckyDog #16
    SG-Jazz #17 WELCOME!!

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    No problem bruv - I haven't heard it in person and really I don't even know if they were going for a clone or not. They don't mention that they were but there are legal reasons why they wouldn't. They do mention going for "Garcia-in-a-box" and compare the Tru-Tron to the Keeley on their site, so I took that to mean that they were going for the sound.

If I hadn't just bought johnk's clone, I would be going for a Keeley for sure. I am getting sick of big pedals. I moved things around today and moved the Mu-Tron back on the board in the place of the Moog LP (temporary don't worry - doing a funk/r&b gig tomorrow that needs Mu-Tron sounds) and calculated that once I get that clone, I will have room for 3 extra pedals on the board. Which is quite a bit...

5. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    haha real estates a b!%ch.. luckily there's a guy here who stores a lot of keeley's stuff.. may get lucky.. another big pedal i wanna do something about is the fender sub-lime.. the fuzz is not my fav but the dub sound it gives when tone is rolled off is niiice.. its even bigger and heavier than the moog, maybe i can switch the casing

Mosfed likes this.
  6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Nice. I think it's brand new but hopefully you will get lucky. The site says that the first 80 pre-ordered units have been basically finished and that he's getting towards the rest. Honestly, if you bought one and didn't like, I would be probably willing to take it off your hands and add it to the ever growing collection of filter and octave pedals that the missus loves so much...

adi77 likes this.
  7. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    then you sell me the moog.. 2 moogs are better than 1 :woot:;)

Mosfed likes this.
  8. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    i'll have polyphony

9. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Just because you're a bro doesn't mean you get my Moog. That bad boy gets buried with me...... :D

adi77 likes this.
  10. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hell yeah!!

11. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Actually I was almost bought a minimoog back in 90s. Cancelled it because the unit was really troublesome to operate and pretty expensive even then.
    Then comes the DAW era, I thought the software emulation from IK Multimedia and Arturia are very good. About 90% of the real things plus the easier things to 'operate'.

12. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I would love to check it out. How much do the better software emulators go for.

You really think you are getting 90% of the sound? I would think they would already be the best deals ever if they even got 50% of the way there. The originals were 100% analog instruments that made noises I never knew were possible at a depth of tone that still rocks my world.

13. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    This is snippet of the review of IK Multimedia SampleMoog in May 2008 issue of Sound On Sound Magazine,

"Clearly, having the use of 16 classic Moog synthesizers (albeit somewhat vicariously) is the core attraction of SampleMoog. Of course, expecting the presets to cover the entire scope of these synths would be unreasonable, since some of the original instruments provided virtually limitless sonic possibilities — the Modular Moogs, for example. Others operated within a much more limited framework and are consequently represented by fewer presets."

you can read the rest here: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may08/articles/ikmsamplemoog.htm

I think you can download the demo version for free here.

And of course many of it's -albeit downgrade quality of- demo in youtube.

Mosfed likes this.
  14. Leo Smith

Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    I'll pop in here, with Taurus 3 #702, and Minitaur #1267.

Have any of you used the new Minitaur firmware and sound editor yet?

Attached Files:

adi77 and carsbybigd like this.
  15. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Denver
    Subd, just sold my 101/expression but I'll be back in shortly.

16. Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Jul 14, 2013
    Buffalo
    Count me in! Love everything Moog...Had a Sub Phatty, but sold it, sadly...mostly to buy these:
    [​IMG]
    As much as I love them, some will have to go (again)...baby needs a new pair of shoes. Currently selling the 12 Stage Phaser, Freqbox, MuRF and Ring Mod. Sigh...

Anyway, long live Moog!

17. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mosfed #1
    M Sterling #2
    Bassmusic17 #3
    RedMoses #4
    adi77 #5
    karstetterpj #6
    Nno Mar #7
    RickenBoogie #8
    Sprag #9
    MPU #10
    Carver #11
    Carsbybigd #12
    Bassofthe #13
    JustSomeDude #14
    bluesdogblues #15
    LuckyDog #16
    SG-Jazz #17
    Leo Smith #18 WELCOME
    LakeEffect #19 WELCOME
    Invisible Man #20 WELCOME

18. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    So any updates on this Mini Delay? I have been hoping somebody would have one by now!

19. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I find it amazing that I can't get anyone in this club or not to give an opinion on the Delay. I would have assumed it would easily have been the hottest selling of the Mini-Foogers.

Thomann here in Europe is getting a shipment on June 30th so I will have one come early July (provided it stays all on time). I will post a review then. I should be able to borrow a MF-104 to compare them as well.

But if anyone has an opinion it would be most appreciated. The other one that suddenly hit my GAS list was the MF-Trem once I heard all the modulation options it had. Thinking it may replace the MXR script Phase 90 on my board. But again it would be great to hear some people's opinions of them.

20. rfm767

rfm767

Aug 29, 2007
    In with my voyager

adi77 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021