Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Most basses you have bought in 1 Year

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For those are are loosing the war on GAS :p what was the most amount of basses you bought in 1 Year?, be honest now ;) . I Sold 4 and Bought 4 this year. 2 Sadowskys and 2 Violin basses and i think it looks like i will sell a few more off before the years end. For me at this point i know what i like to play and if you can scale back to the gear you really enjoy and works for you then it is worth having 3 basses that do it for you then 8 that are so so. :bassist:

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Imma vote Tombowlus wins this one hehe. I know of at least 5 he's bought this year hehe.

3. Three, all in 2001.

Jack Casady (Ordered in Dec. 2000, but not delivered until Jan. 2001)
    Yamaha BBN5 II (June 2001)
    Ernie Ball Stingray (Dec 2001)

Mike

4. Frugle

Frugle

Sep 4, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    1... i've been directing most of my money towards lessons... and a bass rig account.

5. Only 3 this year so far, I think...the year is not over yet though... :D

Peace,

T

6. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Since last Sept. I've bought about 4. But this was when I came back from my 3 or 4 year bass playing hiatus........I had zero basses when I bought my first one, not really my first, in Sept. of last year.
    Overall I'm very pleased with what I have, but I am always on the lookout for a good deal or something that I really like.

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I freaked out and I bought 6 or 7 the year I got married. I saw my entire life savings disappear in front of me as we financed a wedding and a house. I was thinking, if my entire life savings is gonna evaporate, I may as get some of the stuff I wanted before it was all said and done.

Since then, I've been doing plenty of buying and selling. My wife is real cool that way.

8. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I've bought three:

Yamaha RBX765A
    Yamaha RBX765A
    Yamaha RBX775

I've sold four:

Ibanez BTB405
    Fender Standard Jazz Bass V
    Yamaha RBX765A
    Yamaha BB400

9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Two, I think. But they were within weeks of each other. Usually it's about one bass a year for me.

10. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Bought 5.

Sold 7.

Edit: Sorry, question was most in 1 year....

Bought 12. (2003)
    Sold 6 that yr....

I'm in control now, I hope... :eyebrow:

11. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I've actually narrowed it down to 3 basses. And I intend to keep it that way, at least for a while.

Did the same with my rig:
    Sold 4 amps and 2 cabs.

Replaced w/ 1 cab and 2 amps.

Trying to put my money to a better use now, rather than horde the personal riches.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    1993 :: bought 2 & sold 2 (89 Carvin LB75 & 74 Franken P)

2004 :: bought 2 (new fretless Bene and 80s Ibanez Destroyer)

13. Boris Newfine

Boris Newfine

Sep 21, 2005
    this is many basses to buy and sell. is it hard to fine the one you like to play?

14. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    1 so far (about 5 months ago), but I see at least 2, if not 3 (do Ashbory's count?) in the next 6 months.
    ---
    c

15. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    This year is my peak by far (thanks for nuthin talkbass :spit: ). I had been down to one bass, living in HI where there wasn't much of a music scene ... now that I'm back I'm filling out the stable a bit. If you go over the last 12 months instead of by calandar year I've bought 5, sold 1. :scowl: Nutcase I tell you.

Probably going to buy one more soon, then sell 1 or 2, and going to have a super sale on amps and other wierd stuff.

I also put together a whole new amp rig :help:

Actually I'm having a lot of fun with all these great basses, and talkbass makes it safe and affordable to buy used stuff.

16. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Actually I just remembered ... I sold 2 this year :bassist: Thank goodness.

17. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    ive had a pretty crazy year buying and selling basses this year. im playing in the best paying band ive ever been in and wanted to try out some stuff till i found the ultimate gear for me. here is a list of basses i bought and sold this year....
    1. fender usa p-bass
    2. fender mij 75 ri
    3. mm stingray
    4. modulus flea bass (bought 3 different pickups)
    5. another flea bass w/lane poor pups (still have)
    6. spector usa made ns4
    7. modulus vj4
    8. bc rich usa made mockingbird
    9. fender 1992 usa jazz (bought it new in 92 but sold this year)
    after buying and trying all the above basses (and playing a bunch i didnt buy) i finally found the "one". my latest purchase isnt going anywhere. a sadowsky uv70. it won the bass war. by the end of the year i will buy a second uv70 (probably a 5 string) so i will have a 2nd bass for gigs. i like to have 2 of the same basses for gigs so i dont have to mess with my amp when i switch basses at gigs. when i do get the 2nd sadowsky, ill probably sell my last flea bass. that might be hard to do, it is a bad@ss bass. i also tried alot of amps and switched to ashdown this year.

18. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    2005: I bought 8 basses so far ...

I plan to keep only 2. I like to try different basses
    record them, play some gigs and then sell ´em.
    Sometimes it´s a bit tough cause I enjoy basses that
    I know will part soon. I can´t afford to keep them all.
    It´s somekind of weird hobby to me.

19. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I bought two in 1999. And now that I realize it, I haven't bought a new one since 2002!