1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available The MOST BEAUTIFUL BIRDSEYE in the room: gorgeous USA Peavey Millennium Plus!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Apr 13, 2019.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I've owned a variety of USA Peavey Millenniums with various pickup options, string counts, and fingerboard/neck options. This is the tenth and most beautiful. I don't want to sell this, and reserve the right to pull this listing at any moment. But I am suffering from that old Talkbass (really musician in general) affliction: a mix of G.A.S. for new things AND needing money for bills... and the best way to deal with that is to shuffle gear around and free up money. This sweet baby of a USA-made Millennium Plus is the only sub-$1000 instrument I own at the moment and thus probably the most saleable in the general market. Now that I've said that, please know that the USA-made Peavey Millenniums offer a bevvy of features only found on $1000+ or even $2000+ instruments: ridiculously figured birdseye maple neck/fingerboard wood and flame maple top wood, USA Hipshot hardware, buttery smooth satin neck finish, matching headstock, spoke wheel truss rod adjustment, etc. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

I need to make one thing clear:

This bass has the nicest and most heavily-figured birdseye maple neck AND fingerboard I've ever seen on a bass, period, ever, without question, and I've owned over 100 basses. Move over Lakland and everything else. If "birdseye bang for buck" were a thing, this would have it in spades.

I'm not sure on the weight, but it's somewhere between 8 and 9 lbs and very comfortable. There is a little bit of wear, as these were made almost 20 years ago (hence the "Millennium" moniker) but overall very clean. I discovered a small neck pocket crack that appears to be in the clear coat only and I am 0% worried about it. A little bit of finish dimpling on the back. Some light fret wear. Light pickup cover scratching. Overall it's in the top tier of clean-for-its-age instruments and I baby my gear. Original case is covered in stickers that I added but I'll remove or leave depending on your preference. All latches and hinges work.

FEATURES
    • Eastern Maple Neck (Graphite Reinforced)
    • Highly figured birdseye maple neck and fingerboard with 8" Radius
    • Nut width is perfect for me, it's right between 1.5" and 1.625" at 1.5625"
    • Pau Abalone Position Markers
    • 35" Scale 21 Frets
    • ULTRA SATIN FINISH on Maple Fingerboard and Maple Neck
    • Reduced Mass "MINI" Machine Heads with HIPSHOT LOW MASS TUNERS
    • DROP D Hipshot Tuner
    • One Internally Active VFL BRIDGE PICKUP (18 volt System) Music Man type Pickup
    • One STACK HUMBUCKING J Bass Style Neck Pickup
    • Low Impedance Output 18 Volt System.
    • Black & Chrome finished hardware.
    • Quadra Just Hipshot Milled Bridge with Saddle Tracks (THREE (3) Way Adjustable)
      STRING THROUGH BODY or Drop Slot
    • Graphtech Tusk Topnut or Bridge Nut.
    • SOLID ALDER BODY with FLAME MAPLE TOP
    • Brand new strings and nice low action without buzzing

Controls:
    • Volume Knob controls TOTAL SIGNAL LEVEL from BOTH PICKUPS and Preamp to Output Jack
    • Tone Controls-The Tone Network uses and ACTIVE 3 BAND EQ
    • Controls for LOW, Variable MID, MID SWEEP, HIGH

I'm asking $695 shipped - lower 48 USA - and I am not terribly interested in lowering that price, as this is the nicest one I've owned and it plays like a $1695 used bass.

Trades? Everyone's got one. I'll entertain them but I'm going to be picky.

Ideas that would get my attention:

USA G&L M2000
    USA G&L L2000 particularly recently reissued CLF Research model
    Any dual pickup G&Ls - an El Toro would be awesome
    Laklands, mainly USA, especially a Jerry Scheff or anything with Kent Armstrong lipstick style Jazz pickups
    Peavey Cirrus, particularly one with a birdseye maple board
    Anything copping a "Jazz bass on steroids" vibe
    Fretless four-string basses (lined highly preferred.)

Absolutely no 5+ string basses or anything with a 1.5" nut width, sorry.

Now that I've looked at all the pictures I'm already getting cold feet! :help:

Pictures in different lighting (First six are mine, the rest are those of the previous owner - the colors may look different but I assure you it's the same bass):

20190403_203003.
    20190331_155717.
    20190403_203024. 20190403_203021. 20190403_203010. 20190403_203006.
    Milly old photo 7. milly old photo 6. milly old photo 5. Milly old photo 4. Milly old photo 3. Milly old photo 2. Milly old photo 1.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Bigoo7e, 6tzguy, CGremlin and 5 others like this.
  2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    This shouldn't last long.

6tzguy and TimBosby like this.
  3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    There's a part of me that hopes it DOES last and another part of me that hates carrying heavy credit card balances, lol

Stranger Danger likes this.
  4. nbsipics

nbsipics It's the Bass that makes them Dance Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Nice! Glwts

TimBosby likes this.
  5. CGremlin

CGremlin Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Dat's purty.

TimBosby likes this.
  6. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Fml. My visa...

TimBosby likes this.
  7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This baby is moments from being delisted.

8. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

TimBosby likes this.
  9. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    Wow....

TimBosby likes this.
  10. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    There's nothing NOT to like about this baby!!!! Keep it!!!

TimBosby likes this.
  11. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Noooooo. I must resist the urge to smash my visa

TimBosby likes this.
  12. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow lots of interest. I think I am going to delist this for now while I mull it over. I have another plan cooking and this bass may need to stay in the stable. In the meantime, my FBass BN4 is still for sale because that one is tying up more funds than I have.
    The Milly could come back for sale later depending on what happens with a few things.

xhawk5 likes this.
  13. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Noooooo