Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the most disgusting thing i've ever seen

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BrettAM, Oct 5, 2002.

1. I've read more disturbing ones, while amuzing, they do little to spread the word of the lord.

I do expect this thread to be closed soon, as all religion threads are

2. Sure it may be offensive, but this man/group has their opinion, and he may be wrong in his views, or just very harsh, but respect should be shown for his opinion in any matter. I personally feel that he is being very harsh in his presentation, but, me being Catholic, I feel that his views on Christ are correct, but that his tolerance, in a sense, of other religions is sort of lacking.

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Ok, people can say what they want, I'm not going to try and stop that.

But that disgusted me.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I wasn't offended myself... If you think about it, a person who truly believes in Christianity is trying ti do you a favor by converting you. He is trying to save you from the fires of Hell. I am agnostic, meaning I don't know what to believe yet... But I am not offended by religious people trying to save me. I only get offended by religious people who are hypocrites.

Guys like Bakker, and Swaggert are the ones that I really hate. Yes, I am selling this "Go to Heaven" package, just $39.95! If I don't answer the phone right away, keep calling!! I am probably just doing my secretary and will get back to the phones soon.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Good ol' Chick Tracts. Always good for a laugh, or if you take that kind of thing too seriously, (both pro or anti) some blood bloiling.

I think they're hilarious.

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Ugh, no comment.

7. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    All of the Buddists I have talked with insist that it is not a religion, but a philosophy and that they don't worship Buddah.

But then again, all of the Muslims I have talked with say that Allah is God, that the God we know in the Bible is the same and that Allah is the Arabic word for God.

Yet when they translate a Koran verse into English, they conveniently forget to translate the word "Allah" into God?

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's some sick chick :D

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    There's a minute and a half that I can never get back... :rolleyes:

10. My friends and I found a comic of this that someone had put in a book in the public library. We were laughing all day.

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The comic does more to illustrate the writer's ignorance than anything else. (though, offending the socks off people is always a close second when such ignorance is involved).

I feel pretty strongly that evangelism is something that borders on evil. But then, my uncle is a missionary/evangelist, and I still love him. What would I be if I tried to change him? :)

12. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    BrettAM...you can't tiptoe around the subject of redemption. Either you redeem yourself or you don't. Fortunately, God has given us the freewill to choose our own destiny. We were not created as slave to blindly serve our maker. Maybe that disgust you feel is actually guilt(the same I felt)due to our inborn sinful nature. We are not born as a child of God, we must choose to be a child of God. It is only when you forsake your sin and accept Gods' son(Jesus) that you will be recognized by him in eternity. Remember God loves us all and wants us to be his children, but he can't MAKE US be his children. The choice is ours. Peace

13. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Its almost amazing how ignorant some people can be.

14. olps

olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Canada
    I hate it when people force/preach there religion onto people. Please close this thread admin. We've had enough religious posts already.

15. This is almost as good as the comic where they said all drug dealers and junkies are in league with Satan.

I don't like it, I think its stupid and worthless.

But.........if this is the worst he does, let him have his comic. Its no skin off my nose

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I find it intresting that the all loving, all forgiving Jesus Christ would make this person burn in hell.

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Well, that's the nature of religions for the most part. Either you are a believer or you are an infidel. You don't get a second chance if you are at the pearly gates already.

To me, there is nothing wrong with this. It's religion... and that says it all. If you are not religious or not Christian, it probably will offend you. But then again, if you preach Islam in Poland I bet the Catholics will be offended by that too.

18. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    whos Jesus?
    just kidding, yeah that was kinda creepy,and stupid.
    good thing I dont drive a limo.

19. As long as you try to be a good person, who cares if you worship one God, many Gods or barometric phenomenon.

It is the competition of it all that bothers me. I try to be tolerant of everyone's religious beliefs and understand that they are only saying what they believe... but when people tell me that I am going to hell because I don't belong to their faith, that bothers me.