The most expensive bass I have EVER seen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kingbrutis, Jan 16, 2004.

1. I really hope thats a typing mistake...

And it looks more like a Performance series Spector(not a Pro) with the chrome hardware which retails around 400$ or 500$ USA i believe?
  2. :eek: their listing fees must have been thru the roof, as ebay now bases their cost on the listing price
  3. Check out the prices on Alembic basses.

You'll think this bass is a bargain. ;)
  4. Looks like somebody's wife wants to get rid of somebody's favorite bass..."oh well, honey, nobody bid on it, guess I'll have to keep it. I tried!" :D
  5. Maybe some one took this guys account and is trying to scam. Either way it's a ridiculous price. This is the lowest model Sector makes, aside from the OLP's.
  6. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Only $350 from MF
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That's hilarious! Thanks kingbrutis, you made me laugh. That can't be a mistake. It's too oddball of a number sequence to make that mistake typing into the computer, and then followed by the same error on the "buy it now". I suspect what reasonbass said, it's probably a hijack, in one form or another. That's a horrible thing to do to someone. Sounds like maybe a nasty divorce or something. Boy is that guy gonna be surprised when he gets his credit card bill! Someone should report that one to the eBay police. They've probably found it already, it probably appeared on their exception reports and someone will read it in the morning.
  8. LOL - That's a brilliant move! :)
  9. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ...but the strap is included !!

10. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    THAT makes sense...
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

*Clicks to bid*

12. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    See description above or contact the seller for more information
    Buyer pays for all shipping costs
    hmm.. I'l pass then..
  13. I have a spector NS6....

2 extra stings, must be worth a fortune :p
  14. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hmmmm looks at price.. thinks long and hard....

I think it is being sold by a mafia member. The control cavity is probably stuffed with some kind of high $$ bomb making material or drug or something. it's a clever ploy I tell you!
  15. but it says there are no cracks anywhere.
    but there are dings.

I could believe that drug story.

I must say loook at that offer, you can buy it for 1 more dollar then you can bid on it for.

I want to see someone bid.
  16. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That bass better have the meaning of life inscribed inside the control cavity or something.
  17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Actually you pay certain flat fees for listing. Like $2.00 for bold title type etc.. And then you have an insertion fee. But you pay a percentage of the selling price, only up to a certain amount I believe.

But I agree, this has GOT to be a hijacked account