The most hideous basses ever made...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Every family has a blacksheep and the Bassguitar is no exception to that rule, let's get all down and dirty and show off the ugliest basses ever...

Here's an early eighties prime example of an ugly bass. Ibanez coming up with their vision of what a "sleek" design should be, the rare "Bean" bass. H'mm makes you wonder where it got that nickname from...

and here's the headstock of that Ibanez...

Now, I have nothing against people modifying their instrument to their liking but this Porr Rickenbacker came out worse for the wear.

Okay, please carry on...
  2. Don't forget the ever popular to bash Wishbass
  3. I like the looks of that rick...
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would love to have a bean bass. I have had GAS for those since I was 13 or 14.
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    There is NO WAY this thread could be complete without mentioning those God-awful, ultra-cheesey Daisy basses!

I would gladly burn one of those things as a sacrifice (and apology) to the Gods. :eek:
  6. LA

Oct 17, 2001

I remember playing one in the 80s. #1 on my 'most favorite basses ever played' list, even better than my current BTB.
  7. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    The Daisy Rocks are hidious!

But, on a more serious note, I have never thought Rik's were at all attractive basses. In fact, IMO, they are one of the most hidious basses made.