SOLD The most perfect USA EBMM Stingray? 2014 model - trans gold/rosewood - videos/sound samples included

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Jul 23, 2022.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I've had a bunch of Stingrays and this one is the best. Why sell/trade? I need some cash, of course. I have the opportunity to get one of my old custom basses back - I sold it in early 2020 and miss it, but if I raise some dollars, I can buy it back. So while I'd prefer to sell this Stingray outright, I will consider trades, as long as there is cash coming in my direction. I got it in a trade in this listing.

This one is only a bit over 9 lbs and was manufacturered in December of 2014. So it pre-dates the current "Special" series but I've found the 2013-2015 Rays to be very high quality.

Condition is spectacular... it really is the cleanest used Ray I've ever touched. The color is a dark natural ("translucent gold") and I'm sort of G.A.S.ing for a similar bass in natural, maybe with a maple board, so just seeing what is out there.

Ideally I'd like to sell for $1595 (+actual shipping) or best offer. Lower 48 USA only. I'm too busy to deal with non-lower-48 shipping right now, sorry.

I could possibly be tempted by trades, preferably with cash in my direction.

I'm NOT interested in: Anything with a 1.5" nut width, 5+ string basses, fretless basses, or anything with shorter than a 34" scale.

I'm possibly interested in the following basses:

-G&L L1000
    -Maybe other USA G&Ls (L1500, Kiloton, maybe a Matador or the right L2000)
    -Possibly a different USA MusicMan (Stingray or Sabre, maple board preferred)
    -Peavey T-40 under 11 lbs (rare but hey)
    -USA Peavey Millennium+
    -Anything else cool or unique (MIJ basses etc)

Run anything by me. The worst I will say is "no thanks" and I always like to see what people have. Some of my best trades were the "hey I didn't think of that" trades.

Some videos below, as well as a demo of an original song by one of my bands, where I used this bass. The picture below is from the most recent owner so you can get an idea of what it looks like (I'll bring it home and take some more pictures tomorrow.)

Video of me playing it - with black abalone pickguard:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MymCUdx5dzS3DAU6

Video of me playing it - with white pickguard:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/o3KsyRZbzAomBV4B7

Original song by my band, Low on Cyan. (Don't judge too harshly, these were studio software drums and some of the parts don't quite line up, lol):

Dropbox - Close The Blinds.mp3 - Simplify your life

20220726_153344.jpg
    20220726_153338.jpg 20220726_153409.jpg 20220726_153422.jpg 20220726_153428.jpg 20220726_153319.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    padd1369, armybass, scottm and 7 others like this.
  2. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Very Nice Tim!!

TimBosby likes this.
  3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    If the links above don't work, PM me. I just re-did them and they should work now.

4. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Tim - you have my permission to use all of the photos.
    Tim is a great TBer and this is a great, beautiful bass (I was a previous owner)! GLWTS!

TimBosby likes this.
  5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Thank you sir. I very well may hang onto it but sometimes it's nice to throw something out there and see what comes back.

maverick49 likes this.
  6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    So my rehearsal today got rescheduled for tomorrow, so I should hopefully have this bass back at home late tomorrow night. I've had a bit of interest but it's still for sale. I'm a bit on the fence about letting it go since I know I'll just replace it with another Stingray... but I'm bumping it for now.

maverick49 likes this.
  7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Keep the offers coming!

gvbassman likes this.
  8. gvbassman

gvbassman Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Grass Valley,Ca.
    PM sent

TimBosby likes this.
  9. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Finally snapped a new pictures and tacked them onto the original post. The grain of the body and the feel of the neck are nearly flawless. This is remarkable Stingray specimen so hit me with your best offer before I get cold feet and take this listing down!

10. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Beautiful bass

TimBosby likes this.
  11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Tim is awesome to work with! Nice bass too! GLWTS!

TimBosby likes this.
  12. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    That’s a really pretty bass.

TimBosby likes this.
  13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price drop - $1595 + shipping. Motivated to sell or trade because there's something I want. So don't be afraid to make me an offer! Any trades will probably have to have cash coming my way. I received an offer from a music store that was predictably low, as it goes with stores, so if you want to "steal" it before they do, hit me with an offer!

14. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I think I shall keep this after all.

maverick49 likes this.
  15. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    And it is now actually sold.

maverick49 and Smoothmove like this.
  16. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Congrats on your sell!!

TimBosby likes this.
  17. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Awesome. New owner is getting a great bass!

TimBosby likes this.