1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The most touch sensitive pedals (of any kind) are...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Nov 22, 2018.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Title says it all...which are the most touch sensitive pedals you know if . Sorted by type...
    Most tauchsensitive OD
    '' '' Fuzz
    '' '' Envelope filter

etc...

Thanks in advance!

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I have a Suncoast B1p overdrive pedal that has 26V peak to peak dynamic headroom. It's so touch sensitive, you can blow on a string to get a note to sound.

MADChuudoku likes this.
  3. Without a doubt the most touch sensitive envelope filters are the Frostwave Funk-a-Duck and the Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk MkII. Just the teensiest touch to one control and you get a completely different sound. Both awesome pedals though

4. One reason why I like my Darkglass Alpha Omega so much is because of its’ touch sensitivity.
    Much more so than any cmos overdrive I’ve ever tried.

5. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    Prunes and Custard seems pretty touch sensitive (from videos anyways)

Nunovsky and ProfFrink like this.
  6. plus 8000, i have never tried a more touch sensitive unit than the Pearce BC1 and the Suncoast pedal preamps

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I heard that as well. Are they still being made?
    I did not find a website when I looked for one earlier today...?

8. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Azure Drive is the most sensitive I've ever used.

9. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    Crowther Audio | Home of the Hotcake, Double Hotcake, and the Prunes & Custard Guitar Pedals

They are, and they are available on Reverb. Occasionally one pops up used, like this one from last week's TB classifieds which is mine mine mine now.

There's also the Malekko Downer which seems to sound similar, but I don't know if the effect is quite as pronounced. The Downer as a ton more features, including expression pedal control of everything, and seems to sell for about the same price.

I went for the P&C because I wanted it longer. I don't know how useful it is, but it's fun as hell.

10. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Thank you!
    Different browser turned it up in the end :).
    I've wanted one for a few years now...

11. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    Envelope filters
    Octavers
    OD/Distortion

12. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Analogman Sunface 275 NKT is ridiculously touch sensitive. I assume the Arbiter Fuzz Face after which it is modeled is also super touch-sensitive, but for $1,500, I am not about to find out.

Fulltone OCD v1.4 is also quite touch sensitive.

13. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Yes...?

14. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Moog MF-101 - both thr ddrive and the filter are touch sensitive and adjustable. The whole moogerfooger line has touch sensitive drive.

ValveCaster

Iron Ether Subterranea is surprisingly responsive to touch, and changes in character from it. Iron Ether Xerograph deluxe can also be really touch responsive.

A bunch of synth pedals are touchy where they require a refined technique to play consistently. EHX Bass Microsynth and related comes to mind.

Brassmaster and its clones.