1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by trumpeter, Jul 17, 2007.

1. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Let's discuss anything having to do with the cinema. Who do you love? Who do you hate? What have you seen lately? What do you want to see?

Anything goes as far as movies.

What about me you ask.

I'm about to watch To Kill a Mockingbird one of my favorite movies of all time.

I saw Transformers last night, thought it was pretty cool, seeing as I grew up with them.

2. ALtec Cinema horns and flares are bad @$$ and look the part too

:D

3. antiseptic

antiseptic **antisepticised**

Jul 18, 2006
    la la land
    You should see these. The actions are amazing, the thrill never ends until the very last second of the movie. Action packed! Guaranteed! You'll never see any movies that glue your behind to the seat than these!

Meet Joe Black
    The Green Mile

4. the movie, "that thing you do". i think my personality is pretty similar to the bass player. I also think that its cool that all the guys in that movie actually knew how to play their instruments.

5. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    I've been hankering for a good Horror movie lately.

Any recommendations?

6. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    +1 Pretty good bass for pop songs.

7. Buzzgroove

Buzzgroove

Apr 11, 2007
    Scotland
    Anyone seen 'Dark Star', the beachball alien cracks me up.

8. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    bleh I had to watch 'to kill a mockingbird' in class and read the book. I didn't like it too well, however animal farm (a book) was quite entertaining. As far as movies, I'm a scifi kinda guy.

9. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Something Japanese, perhaps?

I watched "Audition" again last night. Not strictly speaking "horror", but certainly pretty shocking :eek: .

Audition.

The "Ring" trilogy are meant to be pretty scary too. Might make a change from what you're used to!?

Ring.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yeah, although Audition starts off light-hearted enough, by the end, reality is incredibly fragmented and it's quite horrific. An excellent film, make sure you check it out!

11. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    I think that's the secret of it's success, Chris. :smug:

Also, I've just noticed that the "Ring" film, which I put forward as a suggestion, has a "15" certificate :meh: . You may want to disregard that one :D .

12. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Here are three of my favourites:

Amelie.
    Blue.
    LAppartement.

I do love my French cinema (I'm just a big girls' blouse, really ;) ).

Anyone else here into French/Italian cinema?

13. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Wow, an american into french cinema... are you high?

Our movies 95% of the time suck pretty bad. ;)

If you're looking for a laugh rather than a scare, Peter Jackson's Brain Dead or Bad Taste will blow your mind :D

14. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I love the old cheesy sci-fi movies. Preferably black & white. You know, like the ones Frank Zappa referenced in the song "Cheepnis". I recently bought a collection of 50 old classics for under $15. You can't beat that! Hilarious costumes, crummy effects, awful dialogue, I love it!
    Here's a question: In outer space, which way is "up"?
    Answer: Just follow the smoke from the rocket's exhaust! LOL

15. That movie is one of my favourites. I liked everything about it.

16. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Best movie of all time.

17. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Bourne movie :cool: I loved the first 2.

18. I'm with Lazylion, my favorites are horror and Sci-Fi from before the 70s. Especially the 30s. I love Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. My band's name is a combination of the 1936 film "The Invisible Ray" and my favorite upright player Ray Brown:

Invisible Ray Brown.

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I see they've got a game coming out for the 360 too, I never expected the franchise to go this far!

20. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    That's what I'm waiting for. The fight and chase scenes are incredible. If it's as good as the first two, it'll replace Lethal Weapon in the top spot of my favorite trilogies.

Just saw the latest Harry Potter flick and I thought it was pretty good.