1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The MURDER of a Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobBass, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I'm not a 5-string player, but WWWHHHHYYYY!!!!!!

2. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    I wouldn't pay $10 for that mostrosity.

When they made the cut, they destroyed it completely....it's just firewood now, maybe good for parts, but not worth $150

3. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    okay ... seriously? ... someone is trying to sell that bass for that price in THAT condition? ... murder in the BASS degree! ... get me a rope!, Da88it!, get me a rope!

4. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    "Converted"

I will sell one of my testicles on ebay if that happened on purpose.

5. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Why would anyone ever do that?...

That's truly tragic, right there...

6. I don't think they cut that. I think he bought a 5ver, broke it on something, and is trying to get the cash to buy a new 5ver. look at the 'cut.'

This axe was 'converted' the way an 'involuntary conversion' of a 747 is a 'plane crash...'

7. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Destroyobot

Sep 7, 2006
    Manitoba, Canada
    Converted how? They just took off the B string and cut out the tuning machine...

8. huh?

9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Too funny

10. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    "This guitar is in Great condition, with some belt scratch marks on the back body.

Note that the headstock has been cut and sanded clean to convert this bass into a 4-String."

GREAT CONDITION??????

yea right.

11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Looks like a retty easy fix.
    Is that bass worth anything in pristine condition ?

12. Actually, a new nut with proper string spacing should make it usable...but not for $150.

13. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Looks like the wood split, possibly at a glue joint? Then they removed the B saddle and BAM instant 4 string converstion. I don't see where cutting that portion of the headstock is of any benefit in the conversion so I'm thinking it was accidental. Is the seller an idiot? Not if he can fool someone into buying it for $150.

14. why would you do this?

15. nickbear

nickbear

Jun 12, 2007
    surrey, uk
    oh dear .. i feel sorry for the poor inexperienced guy that might buy this

16. It's pretty obvious that the seller is BS'ing and lying by omission by pretending this instrument is the product of a mere decision to convert a 5-string into a deformed 4-string. He should own up to it and be honest about what happened to it and why it ended up this way, and admit any and all stupidity or blame. THEN maybe he'd get some bids....

17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's not a conversion, it's simply a 5-string bass missing one string and with the headstock terminally damaged. Best thing for it would be to install a used 4-string neck and bridge.

18. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    Would need to be a seriously wide neck to fit the body/neck cavity, seems the smart thing to do would be replace the neck with another 5er. and return it to what it was intended to be...the pups may have 5 (or 10 poles) and may not work well once the 4 string neck is on.

or he should sell it as broken parts bass, for way less.

19. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    OR... a new 5-string neck and bridge.

Playing that thing would drive me nuts. :rollno: