Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Murderdolls

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    I've downloaded a few of their songs and I like these guys. I think they have got great riffs and an interesting sound that I've never heard before. They're kind of like Rob Zombie and Ozzy, only less cheesy and with cooler lyrics/riffs. Although, from what I can find it looks like they only have 1 cd out. What do you think of the murderdolls?

2. if i'm thinking of the right guys, i thought they were trying a little too hard to get the whole "we like horror movies and stuff" thing across. the song i heard was "meh."
    or i'm dumb. i'm not sure. i have a really bad headache, so i'm gonna go drink some water.

3. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Misfits/Marilyn Manson wannabe band.

They're listen-to-able, but there's nothing original about them.

If you like horror punk, I'd recommend the 'Fits or Nekromantix before the Murderdolls.

4. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    Misfits are awesome! I never heard of Nekromantix, I'll check them out.

5. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    The Nekromantix are a three piece band from Denmark, the bass player plays a homemade DB with a coffin shaped body and a cross covering the head.

Pretty cheesy music, but how can you not love a song called "Gargoyles over Copenhagen"?

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I saw them at the big day out, and my god, they are one hell of a live band. the thing that i like about them, is that they swear alot, and every song title has a swaer word in it. that just might be my teenage mind talking :D:rolleyes: