1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Murderdolls

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    I've downloaded a few of their songs and I like these guys. I think they have got great riffs and an interesting sound that I've never heard before. They're kind of like Rob Zombie and Ozzy, only less cheesy and with cooler lyrics/riffs. Although, from what I can find it looks like they only have 1 cd out. What do you think of the murderdolls?

2. if i'm thinking of the right guys, i thought they were trying a little too hard to get the whole "we like horror movies and stuff" thing across. the song i heard was "meh."
    or i'm dumb. i'm not sure. i have a really bad headache, so i'm gonna go drink some water.

3. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Misfits/Marilyn Manson wannabe band.

They're listen-to-able, but there's nothing original about them.

If you like horror punk, I'd recommend the 'Fits or Nekromantix before the Murderdolls.

4. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    Misfits are awesome! I never heard of Nekromantix, I'll check them out.

5. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    The Nekromantix are a three piece band from Denmark, the bass player plays a homemade DB with a coffin shaped body and a cross covering the head.

Pretty cheesy music, but how can you not love a song called "Gargoyles over Copenhagen"?

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I saw them at the big day out, and my god, they are one hell of a live band. the thing that i like about them, is that they swear alot, and every song title has a swaer word in it. that just might be my teenage mind talking :D:rolleyes: