The Muscle Shoals "Swampers"...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZenG, Dec 29, 2015.

1. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Check out Candy Statons discography for a heapin helpin dose of the Swampers in prime form, she cut many sides for Fame with the Swampers lending there outstanding grooves to her wonderful soulful voice. Just picked up her greatest hits disc, its a gem

msg63b likes this.
  2. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Yes they do:bassist:

two fingers likes this.
  3. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    I came to realize that 5 of my favorite drummers were all Roger Hawkins :)

two fingers and ShoeManiac like this.
  4. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Then throw in "Beware Mr Baker"

I enjoyed all of those.

I think part of the reason for heir success--as pointed out--was they were a unit--they played well together and they knew that--the Whole was greater than the sum of the parts.

JimK and ahc like this.
  5. msg63b

msg63b

Apr 7, 2016
    I take bass lessons at Counts music in Muscle Shoals. Bob Wray worked with Candy and many other musicians and he still does. Super nice guy very humble his pictures in the Music Hall of Fame down here so that really says something.

6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    I got invited to a private preview at a local movie theater a couple weeks before it was released. On the big screen with a killer sound system it was truly amazing.

zontar likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021