Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

THE musical instrument shop in Philly?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lennyonbass, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Hey folks,
    I made it to Philly and a quick yellow pages search online revealed about 200 musical instrument shops. Ouch.
    Can any of you SE PA TB'ers offer some advice on which of these shops exhibit the 'typical qualities' that the discerning bassist might find desirable?
    Do you have any favorite shops in the area?
    Thanks in advance,

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I work near Medley Music in Bryn Mawr. They have a pretty small selection of basses (mostly Fenders, EBMMs, etc) but they do often have some nice boutique basses on the wall. I have seen Alembics, Laklands, Sukops, Rick Turners, and other high-end basses there. They also usually have one or two Kydds and Pulcinellas in stock (both of those are local builders). They are a Bag End, EBS and Aguilar dealer.

Guitar Villa in Quakertown is north of Philly. They usually have some great boutique basses - Modulus, Roscoe, etc., as well as high end amps. They have a bit of a bigger selection than Medley, and get more second-hand stuff.

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    By the way, welcome to Philly! Let me know if you ever swing by Medley...

4. Thanks Odd,
    I appreciate the assist!