1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

THE Myco Three Thread - Vids, clips, and the such

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MSUsousaphone, Sep 27, 2013.

1. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    OK, so the Myco stuff and been a bit sporadic here and there and all kinds off things have been posted willy nilly so I'm doing this thread to make it concise and stuff. So here it is. Got a review, bring it here. Got a vid, can go here, too. Questions, post 'em.

I don't work for Myco. MikeO saw me posting a lot of the forum and we kinda struck up an eConvo thing....so I kinda get to hear new stuff and I get to beta test things and I told him I wanted to be able to say someone endorsed me before I died so he told me I could claim to be endorsed by him. But I don't get free stuff nor do I tour around for the company. Because of the beta test thing I tend to be the voice when answering a lot of things on Talkbass. I've been dropping the ball a bit the past few months; 5 one year olds to tend for, new private practice to run, and moving into a new home, and a lot has gone unanswered or got really confusing and cluttered and I'm hoping to pull it all together with this. And I'm here, now. So fire away. There's also FINALLY some demos popping up. Cool to see demos from people out there using the guys in band settings or solo.....in fact, litter this thread with user demos and band vids with something saying you're cool with it being shared and Mike usually does a great job of getting your stuff on the Myco site and FB page.

Myco is a small time operation headed and undered by MikeO. They do not build to order. He makes a pedal and posts it on mycopedals.com and when you put your money down, you put it down for an already built pedal. That saves a lot of heartache with you having to wait months for a pedal that is being painstakingly worked on after placing hard earned money down for it. Just pay and it'll be in within a week.

IMO. the Three strives and delivers with warm, gritty, (and somehow) transparency. Unlike a lot of other ODs, it's you. The sound you took time to create while selecting your bass and amp, but with a some fine tube breakup and fat warmth.....on setting one. This thing can go to blistering fuzz. Or it can go to little to no grit at all for those just looking to warm up their tone. It was actually modeled after what a lot of TB bassers were asking for with that.

The tone knob is pretty cool. My bass rig is setup for hifi goodness. Status S2 Classic bass into a Glockenklang head and fEARFUL cab. I love it so much. But when the band is looking for something vintage and muddy.....this rig doesn't deliver. I can use the tone knob on the Myco Three to keep my original tone with almost no freq roll off whatsoever or to go to fat and vintage. Pretty cool.

And the two gain switches is essential. If I'm paying over $200 on an OD, I want it to be able to do multiple sounds midsong without me having to bend over and fiddle with it.

Anyways, I'm honorarily endorsed. So don't listen to me. Just check out these demos.

NOTE: I also wanted to get the Three separated from the Four a bit. They were getting lumped together and it was kind of confusing. I've played on a prototype Four but not the finished product so I won't answer too much on it until I get to hear one for myself, firsthand, but I do not they will sound totally different and deserve their own threads.

The Trip Wamsley plays a Three

Mr Excane slays, yet again

Our very own JWAR!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Are there any demos of the record out?

3. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I love how my demo is upside down. LOL! I couldn't figure out how to fix that.

4. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Excane's far exceeds anyone elses demo though. Hahaha

5. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Awesome thread. I can't make videos really but I can help out with sounds clips whenever needed! Oh and this pedal is even more boss with a clean boost in front of it.

Such a great pedal!

6. yaksonator

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    You are correct lol. Sounds so good!

7. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Really is a phenomenal sounding pedal. If I were running anything other than my Mesa 400+, I would be all over one of these

8. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    This is really, really nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  9. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I'll try to make some demos of the record out once I get my "studio" setup.

And man, JB.....that Mesa. Oooof. I loved mine. And I totally feel you. That amp don't need more grit. I had to trade mine in for a Class D amp once I heard the Quints were coming.....and the Three has made me be totally ok with that. I'm so excited about the Four. I've been told it's got some color to it. Man......excites.

10. yaksonator

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Heres a demo of me alternating between record out and amp out. Actually the first time using the record out and its really good! I made notes in the clip but the only eq i had was one my enabler going to the console. No compression or anything. I dont have video capabilities at the moment so this is the best i could do! Hope it helps, and im stoked to hear it from someone with an active bass. I only play passive basses.

http://soundcloud.com/yaksonator/bass-myco-test-2-1

11. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Sounds great. Thanks for the clip.

12. Just done a couple of simple increasing gain demos of the Myco 3. No EQ, no compression. "Amp" output straight into my computer. First riff on each is the clean tone, pedal off.

First is mainly on both pickups of a PJ

Second one is similar but on the P pickup

13. hintz

hintz

Jun 5, 2014
    wahiawa, HI(Oahu)
    well done hamfist!! That was great for many reasons, mainly that it was your direct sound with the three. I'm rocking the Swell B peg but hope to get a three to accompany it on my pedalboard, I guess I'll just have to be patient and keep emailing mike o and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get one. What an amazing pedal!!