Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Mysterious $8000 Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    A few days ago, my dad called me. We were talking about the Marcus Miller show we saw together the night before (my brother, step-mom, and father came. My brother and father loved it, my step-mom liked it but it was too loud for her.) In the middle of our conversation, my dad interjects, "speaking of which, you know my friend someone-someone, he has an eight-thousand dollar bass!"

Immediatly I asked, "What kind of bass is it?"

"Something 'Hill'", he said.

"Bluebarry Hill?" I said thinking he had mixed up the seller with the luthier or manufacturer.

"No, I forget. I know it's something 'Hill'," he said.

Does anyone know of any high-end luthiers or manufacturers which have a name that ends in 'Hill'?

2. Hill makes custom basses out of Cleveland, Ohio I believe. I think Tom Araya from Slayer plays them (that sound is me clearing out the cobwebs to my old metal days.)

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Played. He does ESP now.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Bass Northwest is a dealer. There are a couple on their web site, www.bassnw.com The list prices are $3500-4400. Can you say "hippie sandwich?" ;)

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Wow is that a nice looking bass....I may have to look into Hill for future needs.

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    And a built-in dehumidifier in the case!