1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The mysterious Samick bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Salamenster, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I walked into a Pawn Shop today and saw a Gregg Bennett by Samick Precision Bass copy. It was basically a P, but without a pickguard and with a kind of natural finish. The grain of the wood was still visible, but it was lacquered brownish...

Now, I know that you're asking 'Why is he describing it instead of putting up a photo?'. The answer: I can't. I have done millions of searches but I can't seem to find a Samick pickguard-less precision copy. When I tried I'm sure that I saw that there were no pickguard screwholes visible, so we can rule out that the pickguard was removed...

Does anyone know the name and/or have pics of this specific model? It was made in Indonesia...

Thanks for your time!

2. Even tough that I had a slight offset body, it was not this rigorous... Thanks anyway for the search, bro! I appreciate the help!

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Well that was easy thank you for posting sir.

4. Got it! It was indeed a FN-2:

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

5. Am I missing something here? :confused: What do you mean?

6. Hmm.. The guy is asking €130,-, about 165 dollars... I might try to ding off or trade it for an old Rumble 75 combo amp I've got...

Toughts?