Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the mystery of joey arkenstat

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by CJ_Marsicano, Feb 10, 2003.

1. watt,

since you were one of the many bassists involved with the _gov't mule_ deep end album and rising low documentary, perhaps you could shed a little light on who in the heck joey arkenstat is? what little i've been able to find on the internet (and even on this site!) is mostly board posts from people who think he's a figment of mike gordon's imagination. surely there's no way even someone as deeply into music as I could never have heard of the guy before seeing rising low...

ceej

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

ceej,

from what I understand, this joey arkenstat cat is much too deep for watt to even begin to ponder...

on bass, watt

3. uh... gee, thanks, mike... i think :rolleyes:

ceej

4. No kidding...I was wondering the same thing about him, C.J. Someone fess up...

5. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    After watching the DVD, I figured it was some sort of inside joke, or a joke that didn't come across too well. I've only seen it once though. :rolleyes:

6. watt

hi,

old masonic saying:

"for everything revealed, something is concealed - for everything concealed, something is revealed"

on bass, watt

7. i knew there had to be a (33-degree) slant somewhere. :p

on the floor laughing, ceej

8. watt

ceej,

so you do know of a travelling man who's been to the east then...

on bass, watt

9. watt,

let's just say that at the jewelry store where I work, I've seen a lot of rings with the compass and capital G on the stone cross my desk. ;)

ceej

10. watt

ceej,

don't forget the square that goes w/the compass - where do you think the saying "right on the mark" came from?

on bass, watt

11. Hey Watt,
    Have you ever see Joey's instructional video,
    "King Me: lessons with Joey Arkenstat"?

Rev.

12. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Its all about the copper...man.

BTW, pick up the CD, its pretty good :)

13. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Did I ever tell you about the time Arkenstat took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally, Arkenstat takes me to a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." We sat there for a year and a half and sure enough someone constructs a bar around us. The day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Arkenstat yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found em!"

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I found the whole Arkenstat bit annoying. It was time wasted that could have been better spent on real bass players, like Watt!

jacolyte likes this.