Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Nature of Love?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masamax, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Sometimes I wonder about the nature of love and what causes it. What can cause something so powerful and invasive to occur? It can't just be lust or chemicals can it? For example, I am love with a girl that is quite pretty, but not the most pretty girl I have ever seen. I can't seem to get her out of my head most days, but this post isn't about that. It's more along the lines of what can cause such a thing? I have never experienced anything so strong or pervading in my short life, and truely I don't know whether I like it or not. Certainly I like it when I am with this girl, but away it seems like love is perhaps the worst curse humanity has. I am atheist so I don't really believe in godly intervention or anything like that, but I can't help but wonder what could cause such a feeling inside a person?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    See, this didn't need to be a very long thread at all, did it?

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Damnit, Brendan! We could have easily had this thread over with at "Hormones".

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ya her moans are what do it for me too.

ummm :spit:

Go away, ya bother me! :p

;)

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Who cares what causes it, just be glad you are one on the lucky ones who's had the opportunity of feeling this beautiful thing called love!
    True and real love is a hard thing to come by theese days. If you do have the right one, enjoy every minute of that love. If it's true love, it never goes away. No matter what!!!

Ask Dr.Ruth, she might know the real answer. ;)

But that's just my 2 cents worth. Spend it as you will.

7. Fee, fie, foe, fum,
    I sense a lawsuit soon shall come. :p

Mike :D

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

poor giant :(

;) :p

9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Gas.

10. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    :D
    yep. I thought i was in love once.....then I burped and I was fine.