The neck on my bass is starting to warp...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by soadave816, May 4, 2003.

1. ive recently noticed that the neck on my bass is starting to warp the spacing between the string and fretboard is far greater near the 20th fret than near the 5th is there any way to fix this? or at least prevent it from getting worse? id appreciate any advice.
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    This is NOT a problem to fix. Take your bass to a shop and have the neck adjusted. Watch (if possible) to see what they do, then you can do it yourself in the future if you want.
  3. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Best place to start is to post in the appropriate thread. Forgive the dry nature of this post, haven't been feeling well lately.

Your friendly forum mod,
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Hey, Dave. I said "Setup", not "Bassists".

Paying attention where you post will have an effect on how helpful people will be.

Clearer thread titles help too.
  5. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i noticed w/ my fender j/bass that when the weather/humidity,temp etc changes it reaks havoc on my basses neck(especially on my mex bass)and from time to time they need to adjusted to keep them where i like them, now w/out me being able to see your bass i cant acurately diagnois the problem but i can only give you a situation to go by. hope this helps:D
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What strings you use can have an effect as well - so I leant somebody a bass and he mentioned how the band leader wanted a heavier sound, so had bought the heaviest gauge strings they could find - when I got the bass back, the neck was bowed as described in this thread! :mad: