Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Neck On My Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirkLanceFan, Jul 7, 2004.

1. DirkLanceFan

DirkLanceFan Guest

May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    Can anyone help me out!!!!???? When I play sitting down the neck looks likes its warped. It curves to the right. If it helps it's a jazz bass.

2. This should be in set up. It sounds like you need to tighten the truss rod but without more details it will be difficult to be certain.

3. DirkLanceFan

DirkLanceFan Guest

May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    hmmm i'll try that, my friend told me to do that but i needed a second opinion

4. Tung

Tung

Jun 26, 2003
    Your forward relief in the neck might be normal. How is your string action? Are your strings really high? You probable should take it to a good repair shop and let someone set it up.

5. DirkLanceFan

DirkLanceFan Guest

May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    the strings are in a perfect position. I want to take it to a shop but the nearest one is about 40 min. depends on if there is traffic, and on top of that I have no money

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    It shouldn't cost any money to look at it, but if you adjust it yourself, you can easily screw it up to the point of no return (it's happened enough times). Get it looked at ASAP!

7. Umm, forgive this rather obvious question, but if the bass plays well enough and can be properly intonated, does the perceived curvature of the neck actually matter? It seems to me that the bass is fine. It never hurts to have it checked out at the shop, but it doesn't sound to me like there is actually anything wrong.