Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new 311 CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lo-end, Aug 10, 2001.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I got the 311 CD "From Chaos" when it came out a few months ago. I never really got a chance to listen to it, and now I have it playing on my stereo. All I gotta say is... Wow! Im really impressed with this cd! its the best 311 cd I've heard in years!

The songs are excellent and have great melodies and grooves and everything is just great. Even the lyrics are good. There arent anymore of the usual corny lyrics that Nick and SA put in their CDs as filler. I am very proud for 311 on this new CD and I hope they sell a lot of records now that they have a new label backing them.

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    oh my god this cd is REALLY GOOD :D :D :D

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

How well is the CD selling? It has been out a few months now, has it ever hit the charts or have any singles from it been successful...I mean have they been top twenty singles? Just curious.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Im not sure but I was reading Billboard Magazine when I was in the bookstore a few weeks ago (not something I normally do) and I think You Wouldn't Believe was on the rock charts. Im not sure about their album sales though. Ill check right now and see if theyre on the charts.

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    ok I just checked Billboard.com and You Wouldn't Believe peaked at 7 and this week its at 10 on the modern rock charts. I checked the Hot 100 but those bastards only show you the first 50 and you have to pay to see the second half. :mad:

Theyre probably on there though.

6. hello everyone:D
    I got their CD quiet a while ago and I love it. They have a lot of ggreat songs on it and they seem to have less of a hip hoppy rap vibe. I like it. I think its easily better than Soundsystem, their self titled or the others. Bye.:D

7. I thought From Chaos was a good album, not one song on it I didn't like. I still thought some of the lyrics were dumb, especially the "ah I usurp you, look it up in the dictionary to find out what I do" line, but it does have some cool lyrics on it. My favorite tracks are "Champagne", "You Wouldn't Believe", and "I'll Be Here Awhile".

8. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    my favorite ones so far are "Ill be here awhile" and "from chaos" and of course "you wouldn't believe"

I think "Ill be here awhile" is one of the best songs 311 ever did. its up there with Dont Stay Home. :D

Nick wrote that song when he was 20 he says "during a very chaotic period in my life" and it was finally released. I think this is a very good song and the bass is awesome, too.

9. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i feel the other album is better

10. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    which other album would that be?

Grassroots, Live, Music, Transistor, 311, Soundsystem, Omaha Sessions?

Amber is a cool song too. :)