Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new 6 string Ibanez BTB (BTB406)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snippit, Mar 24, 2001.

1. snippit

snippit

Mar 24, 2001
    I had the pleasure of playing this monster yesterday and I must say it was pretty darn nice (and nice for the price). Pretty similiar to the soundgear 406 version only a btb style shape and string spacing. Anyway.. anyone else played this? if so what are your opinions.

Incidentally there is no information about the new BTB's on their website.. kind of slack. There is also a cheaper version of the BTB 505 (405).

Anyway.. comments?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am very interested in this bass, I will have to play one and see if my small hands can handle the spacing.

Angus has a BTB405QM, and he said that the electronics on these new low priced BTBs blow away the Soundgear electronics.

If I can handle the neck on the BTB 6, it will be replacing my SR506.

By the way - Welcome to Talkbass!:)

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah Embellisher, the electronics still aren't great, but they work, especially for a bass of that price.

Never played the 6 though. I'll try it maybe when I head down to Bass NW to ship something monday.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    plays like a big ol' boat paddle...sounds pretty good though

5. I to am very interested in this bass? A few questions though; What is the string spacing on the BTB406QM? Is it a good bass for ocasional slapping?

6. snippit

snippit

Mar 24, 2001
    string spacing is as good as on the 4 string and 5 string version.. which means the neck literally is monster.. but I much prefer it to my superthin 5 string that i have now. Slapping is definitely not a problem on that big fella.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

According to Angus, it has 3/4" spacing.

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    According to Ibanez, too! ;)