1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The new Ampeg Heritage line.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Noseferatu, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Yea

41.3%
  2. Nay

58.7%
  1. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    What say you??

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Buy one if it's signed by a famous artist.
    Hopefully after they take it on a tour or famous gig.
    Works for sports memorabilia

3. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

If I'm rich.

I'm not rich. Therefore, no.

4. Too little too late. Pass.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i'll reserve judgment till i see it. but i love the grillcloth and everyone i know who's played it says the cabs sound way closer to the original straightback 810 cabs than anything they've put out. but since i have an original straightback, i'm waiting to see what they do with the b-15n reissue.

6. I'm one of those guys who not only has played them, but owns them.....#44 to be exact (8X10 cab).

Jimmy is correct in what he has heard. I played through many, many of the straight back cabs (loved them to DEATH!). This particular cab is as close to the straightback as I have heard. Period. The new eminence speakers do the job.

Yes, they are expensive. However, I am one one of those guys who constantly rants about "buying American"....Hell, the least I can do is put my money where my mouth is!

The 8X10 is damn sure a winner! :D

7. Yes.

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I like the idea i have yet to hear one in person yet... I doubt guitar center will stock them. at the same time im hoping they dont get them in... i might end up leaving with one

9. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    I am wondering if they will reissue the SVT VR in the hertiage line. I am also curious to know where the components are made as the head is only assembled here in the U.S.

10. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I too have wondered about the VR coming out as part of the Heritage line, in fact I was rather surprised they issued the Classic head first as I thought the VR was more suitable to be labelled "Heritage". However, as one of those who has never had a problem with my VR head I can see little reason in paying much more to get a Heritage model - especially if most of the components are the same. If I want specialty tubes I can always fit them to my VR when the current ones start to go.

11. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    If they reissued a VR that was American made I might be interested, but its gonna take a real special amp to convince this 50 yr old to carry 85 pounds around. I don't really need a new head, But if I did I'd be more inclined to look at GK's lineup, or if I really had some bucks a Reeves 225.

12. joelx817

joelx817

Aug 13, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I'd love to pick one up.. I just can't believe how high the prices are on the Heritage stuff.. I'll just cruise Craigslist for my next SVT.. You can still find a USA made VR easy

13. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Even if I had the money, I think I'd still go for a reeves

14. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    I'm rich, got the money and I still wouldn't get one. If you got money burning a hole in your pocket, two words: hookers and blow.

15. Dan55

Dan55

Apr 26, 2006
    Atlanta
    I've heard they use foreign made soldering irons and screwdrivers to build these. That just ruins it for me.:D

16. WHAT!!? I was just about to type in my credit card number and buy one of these til i found that out! Sheesh...outsourcing these days...

17. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    i like that they are using jj's. i dislike that they waited this long.

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had a semi trailer pull up to my office yesterday afternoon, and the driver helped me lug one big and heavy, one bigger and about as heavy, and one stupidly big and crazy heavy box up onto my office porch. I then got my afternoon workout unboxing these cardboard crates and transporting the contents up a flight of steps to the "bass gear staging area" located above my office.

It's going to be a fun weekend... :D :cool:

19. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I've got a USA crafted SVT-VR from the second run and its been perfect. Its a "Heritage" as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm very interested in the B-15 with an extension cabinet.

20. pvbassfan

pvbassfan

Feb 19, 2010
    They are expensive, and BTW, they say "assembled in USA" which means they are using pretty much the same imported parts as the Viet Nam built amps, just putting them together here. Better than nothing I guess!