Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new blink182 shizzle...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Its quite odd... Like... its almost like.. they have an odd time signature or something in "I'm feeling this" I was thoroughly impressed that they broke away from 8-8-8-8-8-3-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5-5-1-1-1-1 stuff and actually tried something new.

Thoughts?

2. Yeah, when I first heard feeling this like a month or so ago, i was just like eww.. i hate this.
    and then it grew on me, and i really like it.

still no dude ranch.. but closer than the last few cds.

mike- i saw your post about playing bass in marching band.. I live in Evansville, Indiana, and not the marching band I'm in, but another Evansville one, had a marching bass. He used a wireless and marched the whole performance.. it was sweet.
    What style of fender is yours .. just standard? Or what, Tell me everything about it, lol, im searching for one. what colors is yours?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    For marching band, I use my peavey G bass (Graphite neck, basswood body, active preamp, soap bar pup...) But my jazz is a candy apple red MIM Deluxe... it has the active preamp and pups and stuff... its sexy.. i would use it in marching band, but i dont want to take it in and out of 50 degree weather in the mornings... so i use the peavey. :p

4. sweet, where did you get it, how much, lol whatnot. i want one!

5. I'm a closet Blink 182 fan. I have Dude Ranch, a burn of Cherise Cat, and Enema of the State. They seem to be bringing in melodies into the punk thing. I really enjoy the outro harmonies in that song too.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

I got it at guitar center for $360... they only had 2 left, so they were blowing them out. yes. they are more like $450 at regular pricing, though.

7. Dude Ranch is epic.

I just hope the album wont turn into another TOYPAJ. :(

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i for one am looking forward to the new album

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    [Chris Rock voice]

And yet another mediocre Green Day.

[/Chris Rock voice]

10. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    They don't deserve to be compared to Green Day IMO.

11. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

It'll be amusing to compare what Blink did in 2 years to what Dream Theater did in less than one...:D

As for Feeling This, I hate it. HATE it.:D

Edit: What DT did in 3 weeks!:eek:

12. Heh, blink vs dream theater, that is the mismatch of the century. there isn't even a comparison there, dream theater > blink, hands down. And I even kind of like blink. I hate Feeling this though.

13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It sounds like Blink 182 is trying to do stuff that isn't them. I really like Dude Ranch through Enema of the State, and some of the stuff on Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, but I don't like their new stuff. It sounds like they are trying to be more than what they are, which is a 3 piece punk band. I think they are trying too hard to break away from cali-punk, even though that is what they do best.

14. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm not a fan, but I actually like this CD. The boys musicianship skills have changed (dare I fear flame - improved?) a great deal, and really for the better IMO.

Get the new Dream Theater ;)

15. I'm disapointed in you Harry.:(

16. I guess I agree,I liked them when they were asking what there age was again and guessing that they're growing up...(Whats my age again,Damnit days)

However,if they stayed the "same" the fans would eventully get bored...

I look forward to the CD,I doubt ima buy it.

17. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    LISTEN TO THIS GUY! :bassist:

(sorry. back to your regularly scheduled blink 182 thread.:))