1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The new Boss BF-3 Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Jan 22, 2002.

1. I was looking at some NAMM page the other day and saw that Boss has a new BF-3 Flanger. It has a bass in and a guitar in. It has stereo out. It has more knobs now. Has anyone used it? If so, how does it sound compared to the old BF-2? Is the stereo noticeable with a Flanger?

2. that does look pretty damn nice... i wish i didnt buy that bf-2!!!... oh well i dont use flanger TOO much anyway :(

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Just picked it up yesterday. It's pretty damned sweet, I must say. I've yet to run it in stereo, but I'm sure it'll sound great. The additional features are well worth the money, IMO.

Running the Gate/Pan effect in mono results in some bizzare tones not really available from most flangers. You can get a cool vibrato type thing going, and an almost ring-modulation/distortion sound. Theres a lot of tones lurking around in this pedal, its good fun to tweak around with.

I like. :D