Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new Boss BF-3 Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Jan 22, 2002.

1. I was looking at some NAMM page the other day and saw that Boss has a new BF-3 Flanger. It has a bass in and a guitar in. It has stereo out. It has more knobs now. Has anyone used it? If so, how does it sound compared to the old BF-2? Is the stereo noticeable with a Flanger?

2. that does look pretty damn nice... i wish i didnt buy that bf-2!!!... oh well i dont use flanger TOO much anyway :(

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Just picked it up yesterday. It's pretty damned sweet, I must say. I've yet to run it in stereo, but I'm sure it'll sound great. The additional features are well worth the money, IMO.

Running the Gate/Pan effect in mono results in some bizzare tones not really available from most flangers. You can get a cool vibrato type thing going, and an almost ring-modulation/distortion sound. Theres a lot of tones lurking around in this pedal, its good fun to tweak around with.

I like. :D