1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the *new* Carvin 2x10 Neo BRX cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mook, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002
    anyone tried the upgraded Carvin Neo 2x10? Seems they've added a port. is that the only diff?

how do they compare to the old Neo cab? In the catalog, they claim "new deeper bass"......

Mook

2. sonic 7

sonic 7

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    It no longer has neo speakers. The cabinet appears similar although the port size looks different.

3. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, I got that catalog, too. Seemed to me like they were referring to cabs containing traditional (heavy) magnet drivers, though. So I assumed neos had become unavailable and Carvin had transitioned to conventional magnets.

But then I checked the web site, and the cabs with neo magnet drivers were still there. And they're still there today.

Weird.

By the way, where's that added port you're seeing?

4. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002

never mind! the old ones have the port. I'm looking at mine right now and see the port. Guess I pulled a numb-skull and thought they added a port.

Actually, I'm guessing the $ for the raw NEO drivers is getting too expensive, so they quit carrying it.

I can't reason why they'd drop a NEO line, when every other bass amp maker has one.....

Mook