The New Eden D-610XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 21, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

Speakers EC-1060XL Cast Frame
    Tweeters E-2700 Cast Bell
    Crossover 3.5KHz @ 18dB
    Power Handling 1050W RMS
    Frequency Response 50Hz - 14KHz
    Sensitivity 107dB SPL
    Impedance 6Ω
    Dimensions 23”w x 52.5”h x 18.5”d
    Weight 130 LBS

That looks amazing! What's up with the 6 ohms though? What would the ohmage be hooked up to a 8 ohm cab? 8 ohm?

Anyways, imagine that thing hooked up to a D-215XLT...
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's a weird load. It and another 8 ohm would be, what, 4.6 (or 4.4?) ohms. But I guess you could still hook it up to any old head and have it work fine.

Could probably hook it up to an 8 ohm 215XLT on an high power head.

Crap! I gave myself ideas...
  3. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    That looks so cool. And the reason ts 6ohms is so you can have on stage:

Power the 610s with one side of a poweramp (for 2ohms) and power all the 215s with the other side.
    Put the rack on the middle 610 and rock the hell out. That would be a metal rig. :D
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sure wish they'd've tuned the cab for about 35-40 hz.
  5. hmm, that's a tall 6x10 cab...same height as their 8x10. :eyebrow: must be a typo.
  6. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Me too. They should have made it like the XST instead of the XLT.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    amen to that...

just like their frequency specs? ;)
  9. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

It is ported like an xst. It should have a top and bottom port for xlt. The drivers in both xl and xs are the same 1060xl 10s.
    I bet that thing ROCKS!! Now I'm in trouble... I had a 2-10 xlt to go with the 4-10xlt. I kinda wish I kept it. Anyone selling thier 2-10xst?
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, I have 2 for sale.
  11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'm too lazy to do the math but that and an 8 ohm cabinet would be somewhere between 3 and 3.5 ohms. i'm sure there's logistical reasons for making it a 6 ohm cab (like they saved $ by using the same speakers they already produce). If i'm right about how they wired it i'm betting the nominal impedance is closer to 5.33 ohms. In any event, you have to think of it as a 4 ohm cabinet when determining how many cabinets you can hook up to a given amp. two of those things would combine for a 3 ohm load, so you'd have to use an amp that was 2 ohm stable.

personally i was dissapointed when i went to their site and saw that teh 410t and 210t had been discontinued. those were my personal favorites. :mad:

12. :D
  13. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    oh man.... I dunno about that. The only time I heard and Eden it was like and Angel was whispering in my ear....

But 6ohms? Dude.... c'mon. :meh:

And 50Hz?..... eeh, I dunno if I should be skeptical or not, so I'm just gonna click "submit" before I say something inaccurate.