The new GHS Strings website

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Flatwound, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The GHS website has been down for a little while, so they could make their new, improved website. The only difference I can see is that there's less information on the new site. I'm pretty unimpressed. They also have some of their gauges wrong, particularly the G strings on the B-52's. I think that the gauge errors are the same as on the old site. if you want to check it out.
  2. Cfunk

Aug 17, 2000
    Disappointed that the new GHS web site still has that lame string tension indicator.

Let's see a .45 contact core, .45 flat, and .45 roundwound all have the same string tension. I don't think so.

For players trying different string sets, with 35 inch bases, or non-standard tunings this information can be important to evaluate total neck tension, the need to adjust the neck, etc.

D'Addario and Thomastic are great in this regard.

The absolute worse was when I called La Bella and was told by a customer service person that not only did he did not have any string tension information but that no else in the company had that information as well.

I would encourage other bass players to ask for this info from GHS and other manufacturers who do not currently supply the information.