The new GT-5 Conklin

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 29, 2004.

1. "The GT-4 and GT-5 models were recently updated and improved. New features include Bartolini licensed pickups, a 3-band EQ, and a preset "slap switch" which cuts the mids and boosts the bass and treble response for a wonderful slap and pop tone. The updates also include two trim pots on the back control cavity cover which allow quick adjustments to the instruments overall output (gain) and the amount of slap effect from the "slap switch".
    The instruments control layouts now include a Master Volume, Pickup Blend (front, back or a mix of both), separate Bass, Midrange and Treble controls and the "slap switch"."

Damnit, if only I waited a year, I could have gotten all of this! Sounds like quite the steal, the GT before all these upgrades is awesome, but now it must be amazing.
  2. I am actually considering buyinbg a GT4 as my first Bass. Do you think it would be a good choice for slapping?
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Sounds like they added the preamp from the Cort Curbow basses. Good stuff.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Slapping Question. Yes

That bass is probably one that even an advanced player could enjoy.

Just a suggestion, don't jump straight into advanced techinques immediately. Try fingerstyle or pickstyle first to get your fingering up to speed. Then you will be able to learn slap, tap, etc. easier.