The new guy has a question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Dec 20, 2004.

1. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey guys Im new to the forum. I've been checkin out this place for a while and it seemed real cool so I figured Id register. Anyways I had a question for all of you. I just ordered a Geddy Lee Jazz bass from musiciansfriend and I cant wait to get it. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I can get a replacement pickguard for it online because it seems to have an odd hole pattern. Thanks in advance
  2. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Hey man, nice choice on the bass. Chandler pickguards actually sells exact matches for the Geddy Lee Bass, including that weird screwhole in the middle. They're at . I'm in the process of selecting a new pickguard myself for my GL.
  3. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    thanks alot guys, that chandler place is great if i decide to go with a black pg, but i got my hopes set on a red tortoise shell pg, but they only have brown tortoise shell :mad: maybe ill see if warmoth can sent me a pg without the holes, that way i can just take care of that myself
  4. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I've had good experiences withTerrapin

I just bought a replacement for my Geddy and it was a perfect match. John is a nice guy, has fair prices and ships quickly, too.

On the other hand, I bought a replacement for a stock USA Precision from WD a couple of months back and was pretty disappointed that I had to get out the Dremel tool to route out the pickup cutout - the PG route was too small (which, I guess is better than being too big.) Screw holes matched up, though.
  5. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Chandler have red, it's in group E (109 Red "Reissue" Tortoise shell 3-ply .090).