1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The new Ibanez Prestige basses are on mainstream market!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassanddrums, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bassanddrums

bassanddrums

Nov 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

Guitar Center and Musician's Friend now stock. I wish I had an extra $2k laying around. That's the SR5005E by the way. I have an SR505 and my jaw hit the floor when I saw this a few months ago on the Ibanez site.

I know compared to some of y'all I have cheap tastes but that's not exactly a bad thing. :spit:

2. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Feb 28, 2006
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
  3. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Lincoln, CA
    And don't forget about the BTB1305E Prestige. It's sexy!! :)

[​IMG]

4. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    i would love to have a prestige sr. Great basses

5. TypeRasta

TypeRasta

Nov 12, 2007
    Kansas
    I want a six string version!

6. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Yep, those are sweet!! :bassist:

7. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Does anyone else think that these basses are extremely overpriced?

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Jul 28, 2008
    St. Charles, MO
    Wow, that's actually real nice looking!

9. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    gorgeous!

this range of basses are fantastic, I bought an old SR3006e about a year ago and haven't really looked back, she's always my main gigging axe for both gigging and recording. basically no complaints, although the preamp could maybe do with swapping out at some point. :)

10. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    Yes

11. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    Name a luthier who will build you a 6 string bass with a wenge top, wenge/bubinga neck, wenge fretboard and custom Bartolini pickups for $2100 or less.

12. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Lincoln, CA
    Out of curiosity, what makes them overpriced? Is there a lack in quality or materials being used vs the asking price? I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I would like honest input as they why they are overpriced from anyone who feels that way. I'm a bit confused over it actually.

13. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Bud LeCompte?

14. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    The least expensive LeCompte 6 I saw on his site starts at $2100, and that's without a wenge top, wenge/bubinga neck, wenge fretboard or proprietary Bartolini pickups.

I'm going to take the leap and say it won't finish at $2100 with those specs.

15. I have an SR535 that I fell in love with the moment I played it. I've always liked the SR series (I also have an SR400) and that new Prestige 6 hit my G.A.S. list hard and fast. :D

Chris Stambaugh.

I recently placed an order for a 6-string bolt-on, $2100. Woods are customer's choice and he's also adding some nice touches (for no extra $) that you wouldn't get on the SR5006e. The Aero pickups did cost me extra, but that was my choice and Barts are default, which I would've been fine with.

Here are the specs:

The specs:
    - 6-string bolt-on (I'm just not a neck-thru guy)
    - 35" Scale
    - Mahogany body
    - Figured walnut top, matching headstock
    - 5-piece maple/bubinga neck
    - Birdseye maple fretboard
    - Walnut dot inlays
    - 18.5mm string spacing
    - Aero pickups
    - Bartolini NTMB 5.2 preamp
    - black hardware, ebony knobs
    - hipshot bridge with strings through body
    - inset straplocks

http://www.stambaughdesigns.com

5sg.

P.S. The Ibanez SR5006e IS still on my G.A.S. list too, btw. :D lol

16. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Im sure the materials and quality are pretty good. Im sure its a great sounding bass, but i feel that you can get more for you money invested with someone else. And these arent custom basses, they are mass produced in a factory probably in korea/indonesia/china.

17. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    Stambaugh's list for a B.O. 6 is $2100. You paid extra for the pickups. I'm thinking that the wenge top (and back, since the Ibanez has that, too), fb, etc. will cost you more if you ask for them.

He was the first person I thought of when I asked my question. I'm thinking it's not likely that anyone will build you a 6 string bass with a wenge top, back, neck, and fretboard, with custom Bartolini pickups (proprietary design, not a stock model) and gold hardware for $2100 or less.

Ibanez prestige instruments are manufactured in Japan only.

18. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I recently bought a BTB675, I don't think it's in the 'prestige' line, but it's a really-really great bass (and I've had a few upper-end basses).

19. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Lincoln, CA
    I had a chance to play a new BTB575 the other day and was quite impressed. Especially given the price. But that's just me.