The new Italia Modulo Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fluke, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Fluke

Jul 20, 2002
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think Bass Emporium in Austin may have had one of these last time I was in there. I didn't go near it though. :) John had several Italias in.

brad cook
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    A guy named Rudy over on the FDP just got one off eBay. I'm sure he'll post a report over there when he has played it.
  4. The bass seems a bit strange at first to me but when you think about it it makes a bit of sense, you cover a larger area of string vibration. I have met Trev Wilkinson, the guy who designs all the Italia guitars and basses and he really knows his stuff, I doubt things like the pickups are done purely as a gimmick. The styling is just preference, I like them, the next guy may not, but i would rather have the choice than be stuck with the same bass as everyone else. At the end of the day its each person to their own.
    Regards, H
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think they look really cool. I'd like a black one with a tort pickgaurd. That'd look really neat.
  6. I experimented with fitting a Jazz p/up sideways in line with the string, and found that due to the limited lateral string movement sensing caused by the narrow polepieces, fingerstyle (less lateral, more vertical motion of the string) was a lot louder than pick playing.
  7. I think most of it (especially the knobs) looks quite cheesy! :) Interesting idea with the pickups, though.
  8. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    To revive a very old thread, this comment makes me wonder if this could be used to balance between fingerstyle and slap as well.