The new KISS album: SONIC BOOM!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by twdavis13, Aug 17, 2009.

1. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    Well, I don't like the title, and the cover is okay I guess, but the MUSIC, is WAYYY better than I had anticipated!!!
    It DOES in fact sound like classic KISS!! I'm pretty stoked now, as I didn't know what to expect with this album.

Here's the FULL TRACK of Modern Day Delilah!! It hits radio today!!:hyper: SCROLL DOWN A BIT
    http://kissonline.com

[​IMG]

:bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper:hyper:

:D

2. OK, I pretty much hate Kiss, but credit to them for a decent throwback style song and a [email protected] cover.

3. Meh. Craptastic, IMO. Not a big fan, but I know they've sounded better than that. Overproduced, and the drums are horrible.

4. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    LOVE IT! bad quality audio unfortunately, but damn! Thats KISS as you know it, as it should be! And the cover, man talk about an homage to the old rockin stuff :D

5. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
  6. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    I saw them live in '75. I really didn't dig all the costume stuff then and still don't. The music was just ok, imo. Everyone else in the arena was freakin' out on them though. Different strokes.

7. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I used to be a Kiss fan. The song is crap and the album cover is crap too.

8. timmo97

timmo97

Jan 17, 2009
    Iowa
    Nice throwback cover. Other than that, Kiss hasn't been relavent musically in many years. Doubt this album will change that.

9. kcamsdog1387

kcamsdog1387

Jun 22, 2009
    Seacoast NH
    Exclusively at Wal-Mart too. That's a way to sell records. Figured Gene would want it EVERYWHERE!!

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I kinda like it, and the cover is cool. And yes, I'm a Kiss fan, and I like Gene Simmons. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

So there.:spit::D

11. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    Kiss my @@S!

12. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I wasn't a KISS fan back when they first came out, but I've become more flexible in my music listening preferences and like them now. I even bought "The Very Best of KISS" cd set. :cool:

Then again, I like John Denver and Juice Newton too! :bassist::D:bag:

13. This.

14. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    If it's only sold at walmart, it only deserves to be sold at walmart.

Why is it so exciting that an old band can actually get it together enough to sound like themselves?

15. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Because a number of old bands can't. :eyebrow::D

16. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    it's like seeing them put the makeup BACK ON in '96....weird at first, but kinda grows on you. they are like Brett Favre in that they just can't walk away. keep on trying for that huge success one more time. the title sucks though. at least 'rock n roll over' was clever. and thayer and singer look ******** dressed up like ace n peter. why not just make your own characters for god's sake. Kiss USED to take chances. it's pretty darn calculated.

17. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008

WOW!! Always gotta be 2 stinkers in every crowd, huh??

:spit::spit:

18. You can add me to that list and make it three. What, you only want folks opinions if they're positive? Gee, sorry.

19. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Look, I had every Kiss album up to Unmasked, at one time. I just call 'em like I see 'em, and crap is crap. It's CRAP. :rollno: :eyebrow:

20. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    Well, I think the cover's crap, but the song isn't too bad IMHO. And no, I don't mind negative opinions, ut to say the SONG sucks?? I could unerstand the cover, because it most definitely DOES suck. ALL music has MUSICAL VALUE, hence the term "MUSIC".:rolleyes:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021